Thursday, April 26, 2018

The Liebster Award x 2 (here we are again!)

Well, my friends, I was tagged twice for the Liebster Award and I'm quite excited to answer these questions. Thank you, LaKaysha and Felicity, for thinking of and tagging me! ^_^

Shall we get on with the tag, ladies and gentlemen?


The Rules:

Thank the person who nominated you 

Answer the 11 questions they gave you

Name 11 facts about you 

Nominate 11 bloggers to do this tag, and let them know

Give them 11 questions to answer 

***

LaKaysha's Questions:

1. If you had a day that you could re-live, what would you do with it?

Well, there are plenty of days I wish I could go back and re-live to make a different choice or take better action. But we won't go there today.

Let's say I re-live one of the days of a family reunion I was at the summer before last. I would intentionally savor every moment! ^_^ Ah, those were good days. That particular summer reunion reminded me of the childhood days when I lived on the West Coast with all my family and friends. Small and carefree. *winks*

2. Do you prefer dogs or horses as companions?

I'm not a big animal lover. I'd probably prefer a cat to either! (Even though I really like riding horses.) If there was the option of a small, docile dog, I'd probably choose a dog as a companion.


3. What is your biggest fault, according to you?

Oh dear, I have a lot of big faults, I think. I'd say being a "people-pleaser" and also being quick to get defensive (overly insecure and sensitive) are two major faults of mine.

4. If you could talk to a past President, who would you choose?

George Washington or Abraham Lincoln. From what I've learned about them, both men come across as courageous, admirable, and wise to me. I'd like to ask them about their lives, why they made the decisions they did, etc.


5. If you could witness an historical event, what would it be?

The even that comes to mind immediately is the signing of the Declaration of Independence. That would be a profound moment, indeed, to witness.

6. You find a hidden staircase in your Grandpa's house, and when you enter, you discover something amazing. What is it?

Hopefully some historic items from my ancestors and detailed diaries of their lives! *grins* I would LOVE to know all the names of my ancestors - how their lives looked, progressed, and what they thought about. Who knows? Maybe one of them was an introverted book-lover like me. ^_^


7. If you live one day as a fictional character, who would you be?

I was presented this question recently, and I decided on Cora Kensington from THE GRAND TOUR series by Lisa T. Bergren. She went on a grand tour of Europe (as the wealthy folks in those days were wont to take their offspring on) and the delight of that just swept me away.


Hear my full answer in my Q&A Booktube videos, Part One and Part Two.



8. What is something that makes your family unique and special?

Hmm, I don't know. Being a homeschooling family of ten is unique in some settings. *winks*

9. Which flower: Lavender or lilac?

Lilac!


10. Salty or Sweet?

I usually go for salty. (But maybe that's because I determined that I feel better not eating sugar.) I love chips! *laughs* Salt & Pepper, Sweet Potato, Salt & Vinegar, or Baked Potato chips. Or just plain tortilla chips and salsa. SO good. I don't eat (white) potato chips much anymore due to food sensitivities, but that doesn't mean I don't love them!

11. What music genre do you listen to the most?

Christian contemporary? That's probably it. Unspoken is my favorite band. <3


***

Felicity's Questions:

1. What was the name of your first pet and what kind of animal were they?

I believe the first pet that was my very own was a cat named Mittens. She was quite cute.

2. Where is your dream vacation?

Somewhere exotic, summery, and near the sea! I loved vacationing in Florida last year. Sandy beaches and beautiful ocean waves are my favorite.



3. What are you wearing right now?

Dark jeans, black shirt, dark blue sweater, and black socks with pink writing on them! *grins* And my hair is in a weird, messy bun.

4. What is your favorite meal?

Let's go with taco salad. This is how it looks for me:

Lettuce layered on a plate
Hamburger with taco spice
Guacamole
Salsa
Crunched tortilla chips to finish it off

Or, like, chicken fajitas with guacamole, fresh salsa, chips, and the like. So yummy.


5. Do you prefer dark or white chocolate?

Dark! I've definitely acquired a taste for dark chocolate, so milk chocolate and white chocolate usually taste too sweet now.

6. Raspberries or Strawberries?

Ooh ... strawberries, perhaps? Fresh strawberries are the best!! *dreams of picking strawberries*


7. What is your biggest fear?

I'm a pretty fearful person - though I am actively learning about and practicing trusting God and bringing my cares and worries to Him.

One of my biggest fears is, in a nutshell, the unknown.

And people - are they going to be okay? How can I take care of them all and make sure they're well physically and emotionally? (Goodness, Shantelle, I didn't realize that enormous job was given to you. Oh, newsflash: It wasn't!!)

*ahem* Aside from that, I have a rather big fear of spiders. Just the sight of their creepy-crawly legs sets my hair standing on end.

8. If you were about to have a baby, what would you name them?
Boy and Girl.

For some reason I'm really drawn to the name Isaiah for a boy. For a girl, I like Brielle. Or Elizabeth, if I was going more traditional.

9. Who is the last person you spoke to?

My six-year-old sister.

10. Name one person in American History you admire.

Harriet Tubman. I read a book about her when I was younger and was impressed by this story of strength, courage, pain, and freedom. I marvel at all the different things about her life, and believe that God created her to be a strong woman so that one day she could rise up and lead hundreds of people to freedom.


11. Disneyland or SeaWorld? 

Well, I'm not even sure what all Disneyland entails. Amusement rides and people dressed up like Disney princesses? It might be fun.

But I do enjoy seeing animals I might not usually see - and deep sea life probably enthralls me as much as it terrifies me. I imagine I'd choose to go to SeaWorld, but I'd have to research both places more, haha!

11 Facts About Me:

  • I appreciate feminine clothing, shoes, and things.
  • I can be a bit of a clean freak.
  • I'm secretly dreaming of a day where I can dress up in fashions from eras gone by and go to a party!
  • I enjoy being outside once I get out there - if it's a summery day.
  • I really enjoy attending bridal showers, baby showers, and weddings!
  • I currently cannot eat gluten, dairy, eggs, beans, white potatoes, almonds, peanuts, flax seed, or coconut (among other things).
  • My favorite colors are blue and pink.
  • Beaches and bookstores are my happy places.
  • I love pizza. (I found gluten & dairy free pizza ... only to get diagnosed with a bunch of other food sensitivities and realize that my special pizza has things like coconut, flax seed, and probably potato starch in it.) 
  • I usually have to eat something before bed, or I don't sleep well.
  • I love to laugh, make others laugh, watch others interact teasingly.

I Tag:

Victoria G. @ Victoria's Book Nook
Skye @ Ink Castles
Laura A. Grace @ Unicorn Quester
Annie @ Just Commonly

Questions to Answer:

1. What did you eat for your last meal?
2. What's the best part of your average week?
3. Where is the most amazing place you've been?
4. One question you'd ask your favorite author?
5. What's your favorite thing to do in the summer?
6. Last new author you tried out? (Did you like the book?)
7. What's the craziest thing you've done?
8. What's a character trait you admire in others?
9. What's your favorite genre (to read)? What draws you to it?
10. What's one book that you wish more people knew about?
11. Do you like to cook/bake?

12 comments:

  1. Thank you for answering my questions! This tag has been going around lately and I didn't think anyone would actually do mine! <3

    ohhh fresh strawberries. yum. So good!

    I struggle with feeling I have to take care of everyone too. Pray for them or they won't be taken care of *hides face*

    Love all those names! I have a first cousin-once removed named Isaiah! And I absolutely love the name Elizabeth, which is a huge family name for me. But alas, I also have a first cousin named Elizabeth so, I probably would never use it for a first. Although she is usually called "Bethy" or "Beth".
    I do hope to use it for a middle though.

    Nancy Elizabeth (my great-great-great Grandmother)
    Clara Elizabeth (my great Grandmother)
    Nancy Elizabeth (my Grandmother)

    Marissa Elizabeth (aunt)
    LaKaysha Elizabeth (sister)
    Kimberly Elizabeth (1st cousin)
    Elizabeth Elaine (1st cousin)

    and many, many more distant cousins who also share that middle name!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh! and also!
      I have been to both Seaworld and Disneyland, and I personally would chose Disneyland! Perhaps it was the situations between either place but I have such fond memories of Disneyland, but not as much as Seaworld.
      Perhaps now that I am older I would enjoy Seaworld more but... it was mostly wet rides (which I am not a huge fan of) while Disneyland had a lot of fun rides (I am also a Disney lover) and it was set up like a cute little town (several different styles actually. Frontier Land was my favorite and set up like a Western town). I would love to just walk through the towns and eat food *laughs*
      Of course that was over 10 years ago. I am sure it has changed since then!

      Delete
    2. You're welcome, Felicity! I'm glad you tagged me - I enjoyed it! ^_^

      Yes! I love eating a few strawberries while picking them and/or freezing them! :D

      Ah, that's totally me! I have to constantly tell myself: God loves them more than I ever could! And they have other people who love them - it's not all up to me to pray and care for them. It's in my personality, I think. But I have to constantly bring it to God or it will totally overwhelm me.

      Yay! ^_^ Ah, that's so cool about how many people in your family have the name Elizabeth! Such a neat legacy of sorts. You really should give a daughter that name for middle name! :)

      Hmmm ... they do both sound cool! Eating food and walking through towns would definitely be fun, I think! :D

      Delete
  2. I love your answers! and thank you for the tag! I'll do it soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Hanne T.! Aw, you're welcome! Can't wait to read your answers! :D

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the tag! Great answers! Salt and vinegar chips are my comfort food, I also developed a taste for dark chocolate. I'm allergic to dairy, wheat, and pollen I thought I had it bad, but you have more. It must be hard to find substitutes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Sky! Thanks! :) Ah, they're so good, aren't they?? Just satisfies all my salt and vinegar cravings! Dark chocolate is the best. ^_^ It has been harder to find some that I can eat, now that I'm severely gluten-free - like, I can't have food that's even processed in a wheat facility.

      Ah, appears we have a lot in common! That would not be fun to be allergic to pollen! My brothers have some pretty bad allergies like that.
      Yes, it can be hard to find substitutes. I eat a lot of quinoa, sweet potatoes, rice, and oatmeal. Along with meat and usually some fruits and veggies. I really like sunflower seed butter (since I can't have peanut butter or almond butter)! And I've started using rice milk, because cashew milk has almonds in it, for some reason!

      What kinds of milk and flour do you use?

      Delete
  4. Thanks for tagging me!!! I LOVE dark chocolate 😍😍😍😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome, Victoria! :) Eep! Love that there's other devoted fans of dark chocolate! ;D It's the best.

      Yay! Hope you enjoy answering them!

      Delete
  5. I enjoyed this!
    Sorry, I read this a while ago, but never had the time to leave a comment. Busy life. *wink*
    Oh, yes, and I must add: I LOVE dark chocolate <3333333333

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy you enjoyed, LaKaysha! ^_^

      No worries! I understand. :D Hope things are going well for you!

      *high five* Dark chocolate is just the best. <333 Something about it is so delicious and soothing.

      Delete