Friday, June 1, 2018

May Wrap Up and Such

Hey, readers! How's the brand new month of June treating you so far? Can you believe we're into the summer months? *happiness* I love summer.

So, I'm going to do a quick May Wrap Up and let you all know what's going on in my life.

What happened in May of 2018?


I got sick. Yeah. I came down with something on the 9th or so of May, and I have not gotten better yet. I'm forced to believe that it might be allergies and I might just have to deal with congestion, sniffles, sinus infections, terrible headaches, and achy-ness ... forever. Ha!

May 9th or 10th, my laptop, which I've had since May 2014, officially crashed and died. I've tried to turn it on a couple times since, but can't get it up and running.

At first, a few weeks or so before, when my laptop initially started having problems, I was freaked out at the idea of it dying. But by the time it suddenly died I was fine. I still check my social media on my Kindle Fire, and occasionally have the opportunity to write a blog post on the family computer!

So yes. My blogging/Booktube schedule will be fairly uncertain this summer ... and until I get a new laptop. I do hope to film some more Youtube videos soon!!

I went thrift shopping! (And yard saling.) One of my favorite things to do. <3 Here are some of the gems I found:



Found this at a yard sale. It was $1, I believe. ^_^ And I love it! First off, the color ... I love pinks of all kinds. And it's just elegant and flowy and a nice cut for me.


This pretty shirt was $3 or so at Goodwill. I like lace, and the pale pink.


This was $1 or $2 ... also at Goodwill. It's a little big, but I love the blue color! It's a good color for me, I think. And it's just nice to wear with jeans for a more casual but nice look.


This was from Goodwill. I bought it for about $5. It fit me so perfectly and I don't have a formal, black dress like this, so I couldn't pass it up. ^_^


Also from Goodwill! This one was on sale for $2.50 or so. I love it! It's so fun and such a lovely fit.


These cute wedge heels are from a yard sale! They're like brand-new and I got them for $3!

I also found a few books, and I will hopefully feature those in an upcoming book haul Youtube video! *smiles*

*** 

One of my sisters, the one directly under me in age, graduated this month! Her ceremony/graduation party were really lovely and I'm happy for her! ^_^

I was hired for a job and started working May 14th. I work Monday-Friday, and so far I've felt less than 100% every day. It wears me down emotionally (and physically, not to mention), but I'm learning to cope with it and see the bright side! Today was my first pay day, and it's nice to know I have steady income!

I usually get up around 6:30, and leave work anytime from 3:00 to 5:00. Mostly I get off work around 4:50 p.m.

I'm enjoying working with children (for the most part, haha!), and it's great getting to know my co-workers!

Started going to a ladies' Bible study at my new church. We're going through a book called The Armor of God by Priscilla Shirer. I'm really liking it so far - especially the video sessions. Priscilla is a powerful speaker and has a warm personality.

I'm also loving Sunday morning worship and Sunday school class. Getting to know new people! ^_^



I won a prize from Tricia Mingerink! I attended a Facebook festival with authors Tricia Mingerink, Sarah Addison-Fox, and Serena Chase. It was such fun! And I won a special book-themed candle.

It's so cool! Natural, smells good, and just so fun. This candle is called "Song of the Mountain", and it was made for Dagger's Sleep by Tricia Mingerink. I can't wait to use it! ^_^



I learned that Kombucha helps clear my head and gives me energy! I love the stuff and buy it fairly often. Gingerberry is the flavor I get the most. I'd like to take one to work everyday, but it's quite expensive! $3 a bottle.

Larabars are my favorite! Have you tried them? They have just a few ingredients - the main ones being nuts and dates. Blueberry Muffin is my favorite. I also love Cashew Cookie, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, and Lemon Bar.



On the last day of May, I drove home during a terrible storm. It was raining so hard I could hardly see. 'Twas quite a thunderstorm, and there were also other warnings and watches. Thankfully, I made it home and safely inside!!


***

And now ... the first day of June ... I happened to get off work early and hoping to go to Chick-fil-A tonight! *grins*

Currently reading: King's War by Jill Williamson.

Currently watching: Counting On: Season Five (haven't watched an episode in a little while, actually.)

Currently looking forward to: getting "review books" in the mail, summer event at church, and helping with VBS!

And that's all I have for now. I'm tired. Maybe I'll drink some lemon, ginger tea before going out tonight.


HOW ARE THINGS GOING FOR YOU??

6 comments:

  1. I love larabars, they are some of the few things I can eat for a treat. Love all the clothes you got.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, same here, Skye! I'm like: Yay, ingredients I can actually have! Plus they taste delicious! <3

      Thanks! I'm really happy with my finds!

      Delete
  2. You had a busy month! My sisters laptop broke so she had to get a new one too. Oh, have you tried making your own kombucha?? My mom used to make it a lot. Fun thrift store finds!!! Ooh, good luck on your new job! I hope it goes well! I can imagine it taking up a lot of energy, especially if it’s full time!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, Victoria! I'm adjusting to working full time and being more involved in church. It's great. ^_^

      Oh dear! I hope her new one is doing great! :D

      No, I haven't. That's awesome that your mom makes it! My mom wants to start making it because we love it so much. :)

      I thought so too! I'm always up for thrift shopping!

      Thank you! Some days are tiring. The first couple weeks I worked in the infant room, taking care of eight babies. That was a lot! Now I've been trying some new rooms, and really enjoying it. We'll see where they put me this week. :)

      Delete
  3. I love the dresses you found at Goodwill!! Super pretty! Where do you work? Sounds like a ton happened this month xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Paige! ^_^

      I work at a daycare. I like working with the 3-4 year-olds. And it's been fun getting to know my co-workers!!

      Yep! Lots of new things! I'm looking forward to all God's going to do this summer. :)

      Delete