- Just be you!
- Have confidence in yourself!
- Look in the mirror and say, “I love you. You are beautiful.”
- You rock just the way you are!
- Shake it off!!
- Skinny is beautiful. Don’t you see the models? They have thigh gaps, tiny waists, and long, thin legs. You need to be that way, and here’s how you can do it.
- Stop being so meek and modest. You must be sexy, brash, and bold if you ever want love.
- You don’t go to college? Don’t have a job? No boyfriend? Excuse me, child? You’re a messed up oddity.
- What?? You’ve never been kissed? Don’t believe in having an intimate man and woman relationship until marriage? What is your problem? You’re definitely never going to get the beautiful marriage you think you will. You’ll probably end up an old maid.
And then we look in the mirror and try to tell ourselves, “I love you. You’re beautiful. You can do it.”?
in the image of God he created him;
male and female he created them.
you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
14 I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Wonderful are your works;
my soul knows it very well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you,
when I was being made in secret,
intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
in your book were written, every one of them,
the days that were formed for me,
when as yet there was none of them. Psalm 139:13:16
Readers, God made you.
in your presence there is fullness of joy;
at your right hand are pleasures forevermore. Psalm 16:11
and their faces shall never be ashamed. Psalm 34:5
36 So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. John 18:36
Oftentimes, we acknowledge that God created us, we accept His gift of eternal life. But we don't actually feel like He values us. We feel ashamed or arrogant to claim God's love & care. I mean, me? I'm just a little nobody in the grand scheme of things. God allowed me to be born, but now leaves me to muddle through life on my own. Nothing could be further from the truth!! Here the Truth, dear readers:
he will gather the lambs in his arms;
he will carry them in his bosom,
and gently lead those that are with young. Isaiah 40:11
2 You know when I sit down and when I rise up;
you discern my thoughts from afar.
3 You search out my path and my lying down
and are acquainted with all my ways.
4 Even before a word is on my tongue,
behold, O Lord, you know it altogether.
5 You hem me in, behind and before,
and lay your hand upon me. Psalm 139:1-5
and underneath are the everlasting arms. Deuteronomy 33:27
a mighty one who will save;
he will rejoice over you with gladness;
he will quiet you by his love;he will exult over you with loud singing. Zephaniah 3:17
and bring her into the wilderness,
and speak tenderly to her.
15 And there I will give her her vineyards
and make the Valley of Achor a door of hope.
And there she shall answer as in the days of her youth,
as at the time when she came out of the land of Egypt. Hosea 2:14-15
we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered.”
Readers, God sees you.
he who created you, O Jacob,
he who formed you, O Israel:
“Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have called you by name, you are mine. Isaiah 43:1
and before you were born I consecrated you; Jeremiah 1:5