Thursday, June 14, 2018

Hallmark Movie Tag

I was tagged by Victoria @ Victoria's Book Nook for the Hallmark Movie Tag! So that is what we will be doing today. Thanks, Victoria! ^_^


1) What's the best Hallmark Christmas movie you've seen?

Okay, I haven't seen very many Hallmark Christmas movies (or Hallmark movies in general, for that matter), but I remember enjoying A Cookie Cutter Christmas {2014} a couple years ago.


2) What's the best Hallmark movie you've seen?

The Magic of Ordinary Days {2005}! Is that a Hallmark movie? If so, it is truly a Hallmark movie that I can applaud. It was a lovely, romantic story set in the 1940s or 50s.


3) What's your favorite Hallmark Movie Season?

I don't have Hallmark channel, so I don't pay attention to Hallmark Movie Seasons. But I'm guessing I would like summer? I like fun, sweet summery movies. <3

4) The last Hallmark movie you saw?

Probably Love Finds You in Charm {2015}. I think it was actually a fun, entertaining film. Perhaps a sweet message and not quite as cheesy as some. *winks*


5) Have you ever decided to watch a Hallmark movie based off it's title?

I don't think so. I usually watch Hallmark movies because they're based off a book I've read or I know of the author (such as The Shunning {2011} by Beverly Lewis) or I know one of the actors ... like Erin Krakow.


6) Do you like Hallmark murder mysteries? If so, which one?

I don't believe I've every watched any ... and if I had, I'm guessing I wouldn't like them. I don't like murder mysteries! :p

7) Favorite Hallmark movie series?

I would have to say When Calls the Heart (2014- ). A good portion of it has come across as cheesy and inauthentic ... but still, I always have fun watching each new episode with my siblings.

The last couple episodes of this latest season (Season Five) were quite great, though. I cried. Tears streaming from my eyes. The acting was awesome; a step up from the rest of the series. Well done, Erin Krakow! I look forward to seeing what the next season brings.


WAIT. Is the Love Comes Softly movie series a Hallmark movie series? If so, that's my favorite! <333333 So beautiful and well-done. My only complaint is that the more movies that came out for the series, the more the strayed from the story line of the books. They killed off some dear characters. *is mad* But other than that, these movies are lovely.



8) A Hallmark movie that had you dying of laughter?

Um ... I have no idea, haha.

9) Is there a Hallmark movie out that you haven't seen yet, but want to?

I would like to watch Finding Father Christmas {2016} and Engaging Father Christmas {2017}, and Marrying Father Christmas {2018} because they're based off books by Robin Jones Gunn (love her!). And Erin Krakow plays in them, and it's fun to see her in different movies.

Okay, "Marrying Father Christmas" isn't out yet, but it just seemed best to include it in this bunch.




Also, since I've read a bit by Karen Kingsbury, it might be interesting to watch the two movies based on her book, The Bridge.



10) What is your most anticipated Hallmark movie?

I'm looking forward to Season Six of When Calls the Heart! There's some potential for this new season ... hopefully they do well with it!


I Tag:

Natasha @ Simple Things

8 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading your answers, Shantelle! =)
    A Cookie Cutter Christmas is a really fun and funny movie. :)
    I haven’t seen The Magic of Ordinary Days yet, but I really want to! (and yes, it is a Hallmark movie. ;))
    I just LOVE When Calls the Heart! The Love Comes Softly movies are great too!
    I’m looking forward to watching Marrying Father Christmas this Christmas season. I’ve seen the first two. Have you read the books? I haven’t, but I hope to this year! :)
    I just recently watched The Bridge and it was quite good. I want to read that book too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy that you did, Rebekah! :))

      Ah, you must watch "The Magic of Ordinary Days"! I just really enjoyed it. <33 (Oh, and thanks for clarifying! I don't know these things, haha!)

      The LOVE COMES SOFTLY movies are like my favorites. <333 I just wish they wouldn't have killed off Willie and Drew!!! (So doesn't happen in the books!)

      I haven't read those books. But I should! Robin Jones Gunn is a fabulous author. I can't wait to finish her Christy & Todd: The Baby Years series!

      Ooh! I'm glad to hear that! I must watch "The Bridge" for myself now! :D

      Delete
  2. AHHH, The Bridge!!!! <33 I love that one so much. :D The Magic of Ordinary Days, Love Comes Softly, and When Calls the Heart are all amazing as well!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eep! Really, Faith?? I'm happy to hear good things about "The Bridge"; I'll definitely have to give it a try.
      Yes, yes!! <3

      Delete
  3. My sisters love most of these. I'm not a huge fan, but I don't mind watching them. One of my favorite Christmas movies is a Hallmark one, 'The Most Wonderful Time of the Year'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I maybe enjoy "older" Hallmark movies more than the newer ones, Skye. Oh, that's cool! I haven't heard of that one...

      Delete
  4. Ooo! Thanks for doing this tag!! It was a blast reading your answers. =D haha agreeing with you that a good portion of WCTH is pretty cheesy. ;) ^_^
    Oh I love the Love Comes Softly Movies!! Especially Loved Enduring Promise!!
    Oh I loved The Shunning! I would like to watch The Bridge, if is good. ;)
    I’m hoping to read Finding Father Christmas, Engaging Father Christmas and Kissing Father Christmas later this year!! In time to watch the third movie. ^_^
    I loved reading your answers, thanks for doing the tag and I can’t wait to see Natasha’s answers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome, Victoria! ^_^ Thanks for thinking of me! Yay! =))

      Haha, yes! WCTH doesn't always stay authentic and real. But it still manages to keep me fairly interested. ;)

      Eeee! "Love's Enduring Promise" is probably my favorite of them all. Just ... Willie and Missie ... *swoons* They're the sweetest ever. <333

      "The Shunning" was great! I didn't like the last two movies as much, unfortunately.

      Oh, cool! Let me know if you enjoy those books! Maybe I'll watch the movies this year during Christmas season. :)

      Glad you enjoyed!! Yes, I hope Natasha does it! ^_^

      Delete