Monday, June 11, 2018

Dress Up 1950s

Hey, you all! I hope you are having a nice Monday ... hopefully I am too. (This post is scheduled, haha.)

Anyway, I recently went yard saling with my family and found some things. *winks* Two bottles of natural shampoo for $3 each (the place I found them from wasn't exactly a yard sale, but they had some discounted prices), lipstick for $1, and a dress that was probably from the 1950s for $1! I really enjoy the fashion of that era. ^_^

So here's a few pictures of us dressing up and having fun. *grins*







Pretty fun, don't you think? We thought it was fabulous. Any tips for us? We weren't sure what kind of sweaters/cardigans to wear or what to do with our hair.

What is your favorite era when it comes to fashion?

14 comments:

  1. Ahh they look lovely! Looks like you scored some great items! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh the dresses are so cute! And the cardigans go so well with them! AND THERE'S POCKETS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hanne T.! Ah, good to know! I thought they went well enough. ^_^ YES! That was our reaction, too! Yay for pockets!! :D

      Delete
  3. Very fun!! They both look so soft and pretty! And wow, sounds like you found some bargains :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so fun, Felicity! Yes, I did! Love yard saling and thrift shopping! :D

      Delete
  4. Wow, that's a great deal for those dresses! They're so fun! My favorite era is the pioneer days/Oregon Trail time and I love the clothes from then too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, Rebekah! We were pretty excited. :)) Ooh, that's another neat era! I really enjoy that one, too. Like, the Little House on the Prairie books and such! ^_^ I once read a "Dear America" book about the Oregon Trail and really liked it!

      Delete
  5. Those dresses are super cute, and you're both so pretty! Great pictures! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you! They are quite nice dresses! I would love wearing them all the time if I lived back in the 1950s. ;) Thanks!

      Delete
  6. i love yall's shoes!!! super pretty dresses <33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love them too, Paige! Yay for red pumps! :D Thanks! <3

      Delete