Saturday, May 31, 2014

The Sunflower Blogger Award

 
     I was nominated by Jaye for the Sunflower Blogger Award. So now I get to say 11 facts about myself and answer 11 questions from Jaye! Then I'm supposed to tag 11 other bloggers and ask them some questions! I don't have many blogger friends... but I found a few!
 
 
So, here's 11 facts about me:
 
 
1 I'm the oldest girl in a family of nine (soon to be ten!)
 
2 I think it would be delightful to travel to Europe for a fun, tour visit
 
3 I've been writing stories since about eight-years-old
 
4 I really enjoy watching BBC dramas (when they're clean!!)
 
5  I love chocolate! :)
 
6 I have an intolerance to wheat, peanuts, and flax
 
7 I've never been a sports person; but discovered I really like Ultimate Frisbee a few years ago
 
8 I graduated from high school this month!
 
9 I love meeting favorite authors, independantly-published authors, avid readers, and so on...
 
10 I don't really like winter at all... but just love being able to run outside without a second thought (no jacket, no shoes...)
 
11 I like pretty dresses. Medieval, Regency, colonial, 1800s ballgowns... yeah, I'd pretty much like to try them all out!! :)
 
In Answer to the 11 questions:
 
1 What is your favorite kind of tree? Hmm... I guess I like willows. Or a nice, sturdy climbing tree! :)
 
2 Do you prefer tea or coffee or neither? I enjoy tea... fruit or mint
 
3 What is your favorite social media site? Um... I really like Pinterest and finding pictures that bring my stories to life, :) Facebook is also nice.
 
4 What is the last sentence you wrote in a story? Karalee raised her eyebrows, "We're only going into war today... why wouldn't I be alright?" (From Silver Rose)
 
5 Who is your favorite historical figure and why? I like George Washington. He seemed like an honest, courageous, and truly patriotic man, with a steady faith in God.
 
6 What is your biggest pet peeve? I would agree with Jaye. It can be frustrating when people give you the "oh really" look when you talk about publishing your stories and that being your career in the future.
 
7 What's your favorite dessert? I'd have to say cheescake, :) , just as long as I make a wheat-free crust!
 
8 If you could live in any time period (past, present, or future), what would you choose? Maybe the colonial days (mid 1700s or so)... minus the corsets! That era has always intriuged me.
 
9 What is your favorite book to re-read (besides the Bible)? Probably Courting Morrow Little by Laura Frantz. (But I also want to re-read Anne Elisabeth Stengl's Tales of Goldstone Wood, Molly Evangeline's Makalien series, Jaye L. Knight's Resistance, Heather Dixon's Entwined... and so on...)
 
10 What genre do you read most? Christian historical-fiction I think. But fantasy and historical-fiction are close together as for favorites!
 
11 What is the best movie you have ever watched? Hmmm... probably Pendragon: Sword of His Father. (The Chronicles of Narnia comes in a a close second. I also enjoy the two hobbit movies, and How to Train Your Dragon is fun! :) )
 
 
     Alright... now to tag some bloggers. As I said, I don't really know many, but here's a few. (Hopefully they haven't been nominated yet!):
 
 
 
 
 
 
And here's my questions (I took a few of Jaye's when I couldn't think of anymore!):
 
1 What is your favorite book (or one of them)?
2 What is your favorite book genre?
3 Do you prefer winter or summer?
4 Who is your favorite historical figure and why?
5 A few movies you enjoy...?
6 Do you like cake or pie better?
7 How would you rather read, on kindle or with paperback?
8 Who are two of your favorite authors?
9 If you could live in any time period (past, present, or future) what would you choose?
10 Which do you like best, bright colors or pastels?
11 Are you more of a casual type, or do you like to dress up?


6 comments:

  1. I started writing when I was 8 as well!
    And yay for chocolate! ;)
    I'm not a sports person either but I recently decided I like frisbee too! :O Just tossing it back and forth with the siblings is fun. ^_^
    I've always liked the 1700s for the muskets and so on. :) It's probably my favorite time period...
    And yay for Heartless and How to Train Your Dragon!! :D
    Wow, you seem like even more of my kind of person than I thought before! Awesome! ^_^

    Thanks for tagging me, I'll see about doing it! :)
    <3
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that's great! It's always fun to find similarities, right? :) Chocolate, Frisbee, writing, 1700s, Tales of Goldstone Wood, and How to Train Your Dragon... we do seem to have a lot of common likes! :) :)
    Thanks for commenting! Your welcome, and I'll definitely have to visit your blog if you end up doing it! :)

    -Shantelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heehee, I just realized I said Heartless when I meant Entwined... Whoops. :D I haven't actually read Heartless yet but it's on my shelf waiting to be read and my sister keeps telling me I have to. Must get to that! All the things to read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! Haha, well yes, Entwined is great too! I haven't read it for awhile, and really want to re-read it! :)
    I KNOW! I have way too many books on my to-read shelf!! But yeah, you should definitely try out Tales of Goldstone Wood! They're pretty amazing! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for tagging me, Shantelle! I'm honored. :) Here's the link to my post:

    The Gift of a Sunflower

    Congratulations on your graduation from high school! And Courting Morrow Little was such a wonderful read... I need to re-read that one sometime! Have you read The Pursuit of Tamsen Littlejohn by Lori Benton? If you loved CML, you'll also love TPoTL!

    ~Amber

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your welcome! It's pretty fun! :) Thanks for the link, I'll be sure to check yours out!

    Thank you! :) Yeah, I've read Courting Morrow Little twice, and I really want to read it a third time! Yes! I have read The Pursuit of Tamsen Littlejohn... the cover and everything remind me of CML!! It was amazing as well! :)

    ReplyDelete