Friday, December 14, 2018

Halfway Through December!

Hello, folks! How is your December going? Mine has had a lot of lovely in it ... I really feel I've seen people way more this month than I usually do. *grins* So yay!

Going to do another post of pictures and snippets from my life. So here we go!


Saturday, 17th of November: I made a batch of hot-process charcoal soap, because I had some orders for it.

Sunday, 18th of November: Family Bible study! My sister and I drove together. I ended up feeling a bit sick. I don't know if it was because I hadn't had enough protein, or I was getting a migraine. Anyway, I took some Advil and did get to enjoy the evening!


Starting to get ready for Thanksgiving Day! My mom made homemade stuffing ...


And sweet potatoes, turkey and gravy, and pies, and such! I made a gf apple pie, gf rolls, and a Paleo dessert. Unfortunately, the Paleo dessert was a bit of a flop. *sad face* It wasn't a complete disaster ... just didn't taste as good as I had hoped. I'm actually thinking it might have still had too much sugar with the honey and coconut sugar combination! Or maybe because we did lemon instead of lime.









Later, my sister and I ran to town to pick up a few ingredients we were missing.


Thursday, 22nd of November: My outfit for the day! If you want to see better pictures of it, follow the new fashion Instagram account my sister and I started!



Happy Thanksgiving! I had such a sweet and lovely day with family and friends. Good food, lots of laughter. Just a pleasant, joyful and relaxing time.

The next day, all of us ladies went out for lunch, and then did a tiny bit of shopping. It was very nice. I enjoy hanging out with my mom, sister, aunts, and grandma!

Wednesday, 28th of November: Ladies' Bible study!



Book mail!!!! Who loves getting books in the mail? ^_^ I got Buttermilk Sky by Jan Watson for free from Reader's Rewards. Go sign up if you want free books! I love the cover and title of this book. And I love the story inside! Such a great series ... and I've almost collected them all now!


Thursday, 29th of November: My sister and I made a hot-process batch of peppermint pumice soap (this is our most popular kind thus far). And a cold-process batch of orange peppermint.

Then we spent time labeling soaps ...





And making lip balm! Clove-orange, hot chocolate, and peppermint shimmer!






And also body butter and salt scrubs. I didn't do much with these two besides whipping up the body butter, which took a good while!



Ready to sell some things! We really enjoyed having a table at a bazaar ... Talking to people, selling soap, and seeing what everyone else was selling!




Sunday, 2nd of December: We started an Advent family devotional! This is the first time my family has participated in Advent. I found a study on YouVersion called Advent: Christ is Coming!

We read Scripture, discuss, pray, and sing! And eat snacks! One night we had a veggie tray and ranch dip. Christmas cookies. Sparkling water with fruit in it. Hot apple cider. Fruit bowl. Etc.

It has been a blessing.


Tuesday, 4th of December: I made a hot-process batch of lavender soap! A couple people had requested this one as well. It smells amazing. I love lavender.

Met with some of my Bible study ladies at Starbucks! ^_^ It was so fun chatting and getting to know them a little better. 



Set up a Christmas tree one of these days! I love Christmas traditions ... and pray that my light for Christ will shine like these sparkling lights and draw people to the beauty that is our Lord!



I made yummy mashed sweet potatoes to go with supper one night. Who else enjoys cooking? ^_^

I watched Holiday Inn with almost all six of my younger siblings, and quite enjoyed it! *grins* It was a bit silly, but ultimately quite sweet. And I loved all the dancing! Such fun. It's definitely a movie I would watch again - especially with my siblings.

Sunday, 9th of December: Out to eat with Sunday school group. Family Bible study later. Great conversations with my ladies. Great food. Just such good fellowship with these families. I'm so grateful that God brought us all into this group.

And ... I've been shopping a lot. Searching for fun, unique things to make up a family Christmas gift. Also, finding deals on clothes & books at Goodwill. *grins* I bought two nice shirts and three books (one for someone else) for about $7. And grocery shopping.

I brought my siblings to a meeting of a group they're part of. Went to my ladies' Bible study. Went to a cookie exchange. Lots of fun Christmas cookies! (Nearly all that I couldn't eat, but they were still lovely to look at!)

Sold some more soap. Got orders online. Packed up boxes of soap to ship out. Figured out how much money my sister, my mom, and myself each made. More organizing, and calculating, delivering orders, and such ...

Also, sang with some families at nursing homes. I really enjoy singing Christmas songs, and then chatting a little with these dear folk.

I love Christmas season! Can't believe December is almost halfway over! Looking forward to doing some lovely things on my birthday. *smiles* And looking forward to celebrating with family on Christmas Day.

Hallelujah! Christ is King forever! <3

HOW HAS YOUR LIFE BEEN?

4 comments:

  1. All the food looks fantastic!
    The soap does too! You've had a busy month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Skye! :D Yep! I've kept pretty busy & learned some new things! It's been good. :)

      Delete
  2. Wow! All those food pictures are making me very hungry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! It does look pretty good, doesn't it, Elizabeth? ;D ^_^

      Delete