Monday, December 24, 2018

The Christmas Tag

Happy Christmas Eve, dear readers! I was tagged by Natasha over at Simple Things for The Christmas Tag (which she actually made up), so here's for a bit of festive holiday cheer on the blog!


Hope you all enjoy, and may you have a MERRY CHRISTMAS tomorrow!

Favorite Christmas drink?

Hot, spiced apple cider.

Favorite Christmas color to wear?

I will say red. But a wintery blue is also lovely ... and I would like to try a festive green!!

Favorite Christmas cookie or dessert?

Chocolate Cherry Pudding Cake! This is a fairly new tradition in my family. I make this delicious cake on Christmas Day and we enjoy it very much!

Some favorite Christmas flavors or spices?

Hmm. Peppermint? Chocolate?

Does your family do stockings?

Yes, they do! It always starts feeling fun and festive when we hang up the stockings.

Favorite Christmas hymn?

O Holy Night. Ah, I just love the lyrics. I also discovered this year that I really love Come Thou Long Expected Jesus. What a beautiful song! (I think it's considered a Christmas hymn ... ?)


Favorite "secular" Christmas song?


Do you enjoy Christmas shopping, or does it just stress you out?

I like shopping. I like getting people meaningful gifts that they'll enjoy. I usually don't get gifts for a ton of people, but if I did get gifts for everyone that I would like to, I probably would get a little stressed. But I think I would still enjoy it for the most part!

Favorite Christmas decoration?

I love the sparkling lights on the Christmas tree.

What small thing gives you that special "Christmas feeling"?

Crackling fire in the fireplace. Soft Christmas music playing. Family relaxed and enjoying each other's company. Sparkling lights shining. Sweet, meditative spirit.

Favorite pre-Christmas activity?

Baking cookies. Shopping for little gifts. Singing beautiful Christmas hymns.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. So glad you enjoyed, Skye! Hope you are doing well, my friend! <3

      Delete
  2. This was lots of fun to read! I hope you had a merry Christmas, Shantelle! Happy New Year. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to hear that, Rebekah! ^_^ I did have a beautiful Christmas, and an amazing start to the new year!! Read about in my coming post on Thursday!! :D

      Delete