Thursday, December 20, 2018

Birthday Blessings!

Hello, friends and readers! I hope this day finds you well.

I turned twenty-two a few days ago! Yay! It's fun to have a birthday celebration to brighten up the winter.

I was so blessed to be able to celebrate with my mom, sisters, aunts, and friends. All special ladies! *hugs them* We got ready, packed lunches, met up, and spent the day in the city.


I wore my "new" shirt! Simple, black, and comfortable. I bought it from Goodwill for around $2. And I found a purple, sparkly choker from Walmart for $1. Fun, fun! ^_^


What better way to spend my birthday than roaming around a giant bookstore?? I could hardly tear myself away from this store. *laughs*


A big stack of books, and I'm only $1.70 poorer for it! Look at these lovelies!! I found lots of Christian Living, Christian fiction, some children's & classics, and a couple movies.

So exciting to find Rilla of Ingleside by L.M. Montgomery, which is the last ANNE OF GREEN GABLES book that I need to read, and will complete my collection!

And I was thrilled to get Recovering Redemption by Matt Chandler, which I had been looking for!


This bookstore is one that you can trade books in. So I brought about one and half bags of books to trade in, and got $40 store credit! Thus, the reason I didn't spend much from my wallet.

**

After spending a good deal of time in this amazing store, we did a little grocery shopping.

And then we went out for pizza! This was not planned, but I looked up restaurants and found a place with gluten-free, dairy-free pizza. The place was cozy and fun, and the food absolutely delicious!

It was such a wonderful day. Praise the Lord! So glad I have family and my Bible study ladies to hang out with!


Here are some darling gifts I got from sweet family and friends. Stocking up on the chocolate, yes, indeed! *grins*

Such a good day. And I'm looking forward with hope and expectation to what God, my Joy, is going to do in my 22nd year of life!

13 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday!!!! Sounds like you had a great day celebrating! That's so neat that you can trade in books! And what a great deal!!!
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Brooklyne!!! ^_^ I did have such a lovely day! And yes, trading in books is THE BEST! I love it. :D

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday, Shantelle! Glad you had a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday!! Sounds like such a blessed time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I really enjoyed "Rilla of Ingleside" when I read it years ago. I should read it again!

      Oh, and bookstores are so much fun!

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Emily!! :) It was!

      Oh, good to hear! I'm excited to read it for the first time!

      Yes, they absolutely are! :D

      Delete
  4. Happy birthday!!! So glad you had a great day <333

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated birthday, Shantelle! Wow, you got some fun books! I read "Praying for Your Future Husband" a few months ago with a friend and it's really good! Have you read it before? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rebekah! :) Yes, I think so, too!! That's great! I actually have read Praying for Your Future Husband ... but it was years ago! I look forward to reading it again. ^_^

      Delete