Thursday, May 10, 2018

TV Show Review: Counting On: Season Three

Hello, readers! Today I'm doing a little review for Season Three of the TV reality show called Counting On. (Well, back in season three it was called "Jill & Jessa: Counting On", but I think they changed that now because Jill and Derick Dillard are no longer officially part of the show.)

(Jinger, Joy-Anna, Josiah, Ben, Jessa & Baby Spurgeon, Joseph, John-David, and Jana)

Season Three is the second season I've watched of Counting On (I watched the latest, season seven, first). I've been following the Duggar family for awhile, but it is so fun and exciting to actually watch each episode and get the details - go along on the journey!

In this season, we get Jinger and Jeremy's love story ... from the start of their courtship to engagement. This was so delightful for me because they're one of my favorite couples! It was fun to see Jinger in the spotlight and get to know her guy. I cried watching the engagement. I teared up more than once, actually. *laughs* But seriously, it was so sweet to watch. And there were so many fun moments! Amazing surprises, milestones, and more. This couple is head over heels for each other, and they truly seem to be seeking God in their lives.
The courtship was a little quick, but it worked for them! And, ah, some moments were just so tender and beautiful. I love how Jeremy involved his parents and they were so excited for him! <3


We get to see into Ben and Jessa's life as a married couple of maybe two years ... and with a baby! Spurgeon is so adorable.


Ben is really cool. He's fun and easy-going, and eager to get involved in ministry for young boys. There's an episode where he and Jessa have Christian hip-hop artist, Flame, over and give him a taste of country/Duggar life. That was a great episode! *grins*


As for Jill and Derick, we travel to South America to see them. Meet some of their friends and hear of the concerns and dangers. Their little baby, Israel, is a cutie too. ^_^


I loved seeing the different ministries that Ben, Derick, and Jeremy are involved in. From overseas missions, to football coaching, to pastoring a church ... the Duggar girls sure know how to pick men with hearts for serving! It's awesome to see young couples wanting to pursue the Lord together.

This season has adventure, surprises, babies, and romance, of course! Survival camp and house renovations. An exciting trip to New York City and other fun outings. It's wholesome and authentic. Fun and inspiring. A show about family and faith, and one I think the entire family can enjoy.


With a new courtship in progress, the directors take to asking the Duggar siblings questions about love and romance and potential mates. It was really neat to hear some of the older boy's answers. They seem like pretty solid, Christian guys! From fun trivia about what kind of girl each of the Duggar brothers would go for, to more serious discussions about guarding a girl's heart and physical boundaries, I loved hearing from John-David, Joseph, Josiah, Jedidiah, and Jeremiah. And the brothers-in-law! I think they have some great advice for young men about this topic.

So yes, I've been really enjoying watching this show. And also sharing it with my teen and pre-teen siblings! It has us laughing at humorous parts, and crying (at least me) at the tender moments.


Jim-Bob and Michelle Duggar (the parents) are perhaps a little strict about some things. But overall, they appear to be a pretty close-knit and authentic Christian family. I love getting this inside scoop of their lives. They're lives are interesting, and the different couples inspire me in different ways. All the siblings and brothers and sisters-in-law seem supportive and loving toward each other.

I hope to someday watch all the seasons of Counting On, but right now I most exciting for the new season to release! (This summer, I think?) I can't wait to hear more about the new engagements, weddings, and sweet, little babies! *grins*

If you like shows about family and faith, I recommend Counting On.

8 comments:

  1. I always liked Jinger! Can't believe they are all married now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has such a darling personality! :) I know! Seems like once the girls started getting married, it was just one after the other!

      Of course, the oldest girl in the family, Jana, isn't married. It's so annoying - all the gossip going on about her. "The real reason Jana isn't married" "Poor Jana!" "Why doesn't Jana have a boyfriend?" "Family keeps Jana too busy so she can't date" People scoff & act like all the Duggar family lives for is to get married and have children, but when one of them doesn't everyone freaks out and acts like it's a tragedy. *shakes head* Jana seems to have a busy and fulfilling life to me. :)

      Anyway, enough of the rant! :p Thanks for commenting, Skye! ^_^

      Delete
  2. I really liked Jill and Jessa, and Joy Anna was great too! I would really like to watch it sometime, but Mom gets annoyed at Michelle's voice for some reason. lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're all such lovely ladies! ^_^ Haha, I can see why one would get annoyed with Michelle's voice. But, well, I guess that's the voice God gave her. :)

      Maybe someday in the future you can watch it again, Victoria. :)

      Delete
    2. Yes! IKR?! Thats what i was thinking too! My Mom doesn't like any reality TV Shows, so i guess The Duggars isn't an exception! Hopefully!!

      Delete
    3. I suppose so, haha. I guess we all have our different likes and dislikes. ;)

      Delete
  3. I've never watched the show, but then I don't watch a lot of TV shows. It looks like a fun show, and I'd like to check it out someday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it if you end up checking it out, Hanne T.! I really like it. ^_^

      Delete