Monday, May 21, 2018

Top Movies I Want to See

Hello, folks! Since I haven't had time to film a video this past week, and lost my dear laptop and all that, I just wrote up and scheduled this random post on Saturday (my free day!)

So ... the MOVIES I'm anticipating seeing! Take a look!

Counting On: Season Eight

Airing: July 31st, 2018


{Kendra Duggar // Joy-Anna Forsyth // Jinger Vuolo}


{Josiah Duggar and Lauren Swanson // Engaged}


{Jinger and Jeremy Vuolo // Baby Shower}

I know, Counting On is not a movie. But I couldn't help but put this TV series on the list! I am so, so, so excited for Season Eight. *internal squealing* I love watching this family grow and experience life. I'm especially excited to continue watching Jinger (Duggar) Vuolo's journey. ^_^



***

Like Arrows

Released: May 1st, 2018


After loving their movies such as "War Room" and "Courageous", I'm really looking forward to the Kendrick Brothers' new film, Like Arrows! It's theme is parenting, and it looks spectacular. I think it will be a much-needed and impacting message.


***


Unbroken: Path to Redemption

Releases: October 5th, 2018


I haven't actually watched the first movie, but the trailer for Unbroken: Path to Redemption looks absolutely amazing! I love the era, for one. And the emotional journey shown in here looks powerful. As I recall, it's based on a true story. Can't wait to watch it.


***


I Can Only Imagine

Released: March 16th, 2018


Based on the life of the lead singer of the Christian band, Mercy Me, I Can Only Imagine also looks like it's a powerfully-moving story! I definitely love the song, "I Can Only Imagine", and I think I'm going to really appreciate this heart-rending, beautiful story of redemption.


***


The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society

Releases: April 20th, 2018


So apparently this is based on a novel, which I know pretty much nothing about. However, it looks like a really lovely film so I want to give it a try! I mean, Lily James plays in it and I really enjoyed her performances in "Cinderella" and "Downton Abbey". Plus, I love period dramas. And a book club + romance? Yes, The Guernsey Literary & Potato Peel Pie Society sounds like it could just be my thing. ^_^


***


The Greatest Showman

Released: December 20th, 2017


This one looks like such fun, and is also based on a true story. I've been a little enamored with the idea of circuses and shows like this since reading The Lady and the Lionheart by Joanne Bischof, so I'm excited to see how The Greatest Showman is!


***


God's Not Dead: A Light in the Darkness

Released: March 30th, 2018


I enjoyed the previous two films, so I'm looking forward to seeing God's Not Dead: A Light in the Darkness. It sounds like it has quite a thought-provoking theme - and those are always good!


***


Once Upon a Prince

Released: April 7th, 2018


Yes, Hallmark movies can tend to be cheesy, but if Once Upon a Prince the movie is anything like the book by Rachel Hauck that it's based off, it'll be great! Truly, the book was a lovely modern-day retelling of "Cinderella", so I'm really hoping to see this movie.



***

So there you have it! Seven movies + a TV series season that I'm eagerly anticipating!

DO YOU WANT TO SEE ANY OF THESE?

WHAT ARE SOME MOVIES YOU'RE LOOKING FORWARD TO WATCHING THIS YEAR?

12 comments:

  1. I've watched The Greatest Showman - after waiting impatiently ever since Christmas xP
    IT'S AMAZING <33333

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been kind of wanting to see it since Christmas time, but haven't yet! ;p
      So glad to hear that you enjoyed it, Daminika! <333 I'm really excited!

      Delete
  2. I saw I Can Only Imagine and God’s Not Dead: A Light in Darkness somewhat recently. They were both great, especially I Can Only Imagine! It was really inspiring to me.
    I love Hallmark movies! I haven’t seen Once Upon a Prince either. I’m super excited for the Hallmark June Wedding movies though. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, good to hear, Rebekah! My sister said "I Can Only Imagine" was really good, so I'm thinking I'll like it. That's great - I love inspiring movies!

      Well, hopefully we can both watch "Once Upon a Prince"! Let me know what you think of it! ^_^ Have you read the book? I don't watch much for Hallmark movies (because I don't have the Hallmark channel) ... but I enjoy "When Calls the Heart", and I've borrowed a few older movies from the library and liked some of them. :)

      Wedding movies are always fun! :D <333

      Delete
    2. Yes, it's a really great movie! :D

      Okay I will. ;) I'm not too big of a fan of royalty movies/books, but I may give it a try. ;) No, I haven't read the book. Have you? Oh okay, I watch quite a few Hallmark movies. ;) I love When Calls the Heart! Have you seen season 5 yet?

      Delete
    3. Yay! <3

      Oh, I tend to love royalty books/movies, haha! ;) The Princess by Lori Wick is one of my favorites.
      I've read the book, yes - Once Upon a Prince by Rachel Hauck. It was adorable!

      I have! :'( Season 5 is so sad! I cried. But I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next.

      Delete
  3. The Greatest Showman is so good! These all look good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eee! You all are making me really excited to see it!

      Let me know what you think if you watch any of these movies, Skye. :)

      Delete
  4. Once Upon A Prince was very cheesy! XD It was a cute hallmark movie but yes, its pretty cheesy XD. I liked The Greatest Showman apart from some immodest clothing! I Can Only Imagine and God's Not Dead 3, looks fantastic!! Season EIGHT of the Duggars?!? whattttt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, too bad. Maybe I'll like it even so. ;) Have you read the book, Victoria? Now that was worth reading! :D

      Yeah, I did see some sketchy clothing in the trailer of The Greatest Showman. They had their performers wear some weird outfits! :p I'm glad you liked the movie. :)

      I agree! ^_^

      Yep!!! I'm so, so thrilled! =D Can't wait until July when season eight comes out!

      Thanks for commenting, Victoria!

      Delete
  5. I am so bad at keeping up with movies, but The Greatest Showman is definitely high on my to-watch list! I've heard it's REALLY good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm kinda bad at it, too. I just see random ads about them on Facebook or something. ;D Eep! You and me, both! It really does sound fantastic. ^_^

      Delete