Friday, January 8, 2016

Book Review: Minding Molly by Leslie Gould


Purchase HERE

Title: Minding Molly

Author: Leslie Gould

Series: The Courtships of Lancaster County #3

Genre: Contemporary/Amish Fiction

Audience: Young Adult/Adult

~ MY REVIEW ~
**2.5 stars**

I'm afraid I just didn't enjoy this book as much as the one before it ... and certainly not as much as Courting Cate (Book One). On a whole, I liked it and it was interesting; but the story was a bit confusing, like it didn't know exactly where it was going. And the characters rather annoyed me.

Molly Zook was ultra controlling. After the recent death of her father, and busy worrying about her mother, she's bossier than ever, according to her nineteen-year-old, younger sister. Her friends also seem to get weary of her telling them all exactly what to do and when to do it. It was just ... whew. On the other hand, reading Minding Molly helped me understand a little bit better, people like Molly. Because it showed her vulnerable and broken side as well.
    Beatrice (the younger sister) could be equally, if not more, frustrating than Molly; and Bea's the quiet, bookish one. O_O *ahem*
     Anyway, just a lot of the characters, including Bea, acted really childish. Whining. Saying rude things. Bickering like children. Yelling on car rides. It was simply a little hard to handle them all at times. Leon (the handsome, a bit shy, young man from Montana) may well have been the only sane one among them.

All in all, it's an interesting tale of an Amish community and camping trips and family loss and the rocky road to love. Despite loving Courting Cate, and really enjoying Adoring AddieMinding Molly was pretty much an "okay" read for me. I'm not sure if I'll continue this series. In one sense, I feel I've had enough. In another, I would like to see what happens with Beatrice. (The ending of this book was good!) Ah, well, we shall see, I guess! *smiles*

No comments:

Post a Comment