Sunday, January 24, 2016

Book Review: Daughter of Light by Morgan L. Busse


Purchase HERE

Title: Daughter of Light

Author: Morgan L. Busse

Series: Follower of the Word #1

Genre: Fantasy

Audience: New Adult

~ MY REVIEW ~
**4 stars**

Another wonderful Christian fantasy! Daughter of Light by Morgan L. Busse was definitely a worthwhile read, and I look forward to continuing the series!

When Rowen Mar discovers a strange mark on her hand ... and what it does to people, she is banished from her village - declared a witch. Bewildered and afraid, she travels far away; taking a position to protect a princess. And hopefully forget about her mark.
But with Shadonae invading the west, and war brewing against the White City; Rowen must decide whether to hide in darkness, or embrace what she's called to do.

The allegory. It was incredible! So deep. So soul-touching! Sometimes, after one such powerful scene, I would sit there for a moment, like ..."Wow!" The wretchedness of man. The mightiness of God; yet His unfathomable love! It was so very good! And I love the idea of having people whose touch can show the darkness in a man's (or woman's) heart; but God (the Word) is the only one who can heal them of that darkness.

I enjoyed Rowen's journey! Other POV characters were a little harder to follow; but still, I look forward to seeing more of them all. Daughter of Light had a great fantasy world, and unique fantasy concept and creatures! I really enjoyed it all. The wolves were utterly terrifying, though!! Eek! Not to mention, the Shadonae. I'm really excited to go more in depth into this world!

That being said, sometimes I felt a little bit out of the story. I wished, perhaps, to stop jumping around from one POV character to the next, and just stay and soak up the fantasy world. Learn more. See more. Experience more. I don't know. But I have high hopes that Son of Truth will pull me further into this story! *smiles*

There's a start of what appears will be a nice love story. On a darker note, a few mentions of lust, prostitutes, and men mistreating women. Caution to younger readers on that account; and for some violence. The prologue scene could be particularly frightening, as it involves a woman being chased (view spoiler) by some heinous beasts.

Overall, a powerful fantasy story! I'm excited to read the rest of this series, and other books by Morgan L. Busse! *smiles*

2 comments: