Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Book Review: An Uncertain Choice by Jody Hedlund


Purchase HERE

Title: An Uncertain Choice

Author: Jody Hedlund

Series: An Uncertain Choice #1

Genre: Historical Romance

Audience: Young Adult

~ MY REVIEW ~
**5 stars**

A fairy tale-ish, medieval, YA romance by Jody Hedlund! ^_^ It was quite fun and sweet - a regular princess and knights tale!

Lady Rosemarie is an orphan destined to rule as queen over her people. The one thing is that she'll be ruling from a convent, through the family priest, because a vow was made that she forgo marriage and become a nun. Rosemarie has almost resigned herself to this fate, when a duke, a family friend, a three handsome knights ride into her life. 
... If she marries before her eighteenth birthday, she will be exempted from the vow. But will she fall in love before then? And who is trying to thwart that at all costs?

I just really enjoyed this story. It was fun, it was cute. Yes, some parts could feel a tad cheesy or unrealistic ... but who cares! It has a definite fairytale feel, so I'm okay with some unrealistic scenarios. 

And despite An Uncertain Choice being a princess sort of YA book, the romance had some depth to it. It actually came about rather beautifully. (view spoiler) Anyway, I was surprised how much I liked the romance.

And I liked the duke too! (view spoiler)

There were a few parts that took away from the light fairytale feel. Some really gruesome torture methods were spoken of ... *shudder* There was one in particular that was horrific. EEK! So caution, caution because of that! Otherwise there's not really much for violence.

I don't know. I simply loved An Uncertain Choice all in all. I love fairytales; and this was such, just without the magic. And plus it had some poignant and sweet themes. I quite enjoyed it. Very excited for book two in this series! *smiles*

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE the cover, thanks for reviewing :) This book looks cute. Plus torture. LOL. Such things don't bother me, but I can see how they might distract!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Stefanie! And yes, that cover is so beautiful! It was very cute and fun! Erm, yeah, besides the torture, ha! Usually I can handle violence fairly well; but one of the torture methods just freaked me out! :p

      But overall, it's a lovely read! ^_^

      Delete
  2. I want to read this one so bad! I've heard many good things about it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really fun and sweet!! You should totally read it! :)

      Delete