Like most other bookworms, great books make their way onto my "things I'm thankful for" list every year. It's hard to choose favorites, but I went ahead and picked five books I read in 2015 and am thankful for.
- The King's Scrolls, by Jaye L. Knight: Amazing fantasy! Profound, exciting, and beautiful! The characters are forever in my heart!
- Deny, by Tricia Mingerink: Another superb Christian fantasy! I love how these books both challenge and captivate you!
- Through Waters Deep, by Sarah Sundin: Rich, romantic historicals are some of my favorite reads! And this one even has a mystery entwined throughout!
- Draven's Light, by Anne Elisabeth Stengl: Absolutely thrilling! Fantasy novellas that capture your interest from beginning to end are great!
- Mardan's Mark, by Kathrese McKee: I just adore fantasy and am so grateful for all the wonderful Christian authors who write it! Incredible adventure, grand storyline, and amazing characters!
(I could go on and on about 2015 reads that I'm so happy I got to read this year ... but I'm only supposed to pick five books. Nadine Brandes, Serena Chase, Lori Benton, Jill Williamson, Julia Erickson, Angie Brashear, Melanie Dickerson, Shonna Slayton, Gillian Bronte Adams, Marissa Meyer, Christine Johnson, Kendra Ardnek, Mary Weber, Ashley Townsend ... etc., etc. ... EEP! You are all so amazing! *smiles*)
*Ahem* Now, on to the sale!!! Check it out, my friends! Buy some books!
I don't know about you, but I'm looking forward to another great year of reading! Speaking of more reading, here's one more thing to be grateful for. Books on sale! In honor of Thanksgiving and Black Friday, a group of independent Christian authors banded together to offer over seventy discounted books on Nov 27-30. There's literally something for everyone. Every single book listed on Indie Christian Books is on sale in one or more ways. Find discounted paperbacks, dozens of books offered with free shipping, $0.99 ebooks, package deals and more. Even if you have a budget of $0, new reading material awaits you. Don't know what to pick? The fearless Indie Christian Books team created a quiz that will generate a book list perfect for you! Check it out!
What awesome reads of 2015 are you grateful for? What books are you looking forward to reading in 2016?