Friday, March 2, 2018

First Line Friday: Take One

Hi, dear readers! I'm doing something new today. I've seen people do First Line Fridays on their blogs ... I think this is a thing?

So, I'm going to share the first line of the three books I am currently reading. Then I would love if you would grab the book you're reading or a book nearest to you and share its first line in the comments below!

This should be fun. *grins* Ready? Let's be off ...

***

FIRST LINE FRIDAY

Keturah {The Sugar Baron's Daughters #1} by Lisa T. Bergren


"In hopes that at least one would get through, their father had sent three copies of his last letter from the West Indies; as it happened, his daughters received them all."



"In the quiet of an early morning, honesty finds me."



"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth."

***

So there are the first lines of the three books that are stacked on my nightstand. *smiles*

Random Note: I bought a physical copy of the New King James Version Bible! I have an NIV and HCSB, but always liked looking up verses in the NKJV, so I finally bought myself a copy.

My copy is put out by Thomas Nelson Publishing, and simply beautiful! ^_^ I've been loving using it.

Feel free to comment below and I hope you have a lovely day!

4 comments:

  1. Hurray! It's nice to have another FLF-er! :-)
    I love the accuracy combined with the beautiful wordsmithing of the NKJV ~ I use it for everyday reading... I hope that your new copy is a blessing to you, Shantelle.
    Uninvited is on my TBR list - I've enjoyed another one of Lysa's books - I love her faithfulness to the Scriptures combined with her sensitivity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! So it is a thing! :D Glad to join the group, Alicia! ;)

      Yes! I've been told that the NKJV is one of the most accurate translations, and have just really liked the way it reads. Thank you - it has been a blessing, indeed.

      I've never read by Lysa Terkeurst, but have been loving Uninvited! Ah, it's so raw and real. Really gets to the heart of the matter and continually points you toward the Lord and encourages you to press into His love. <3 Can't wait to read more!

      Delete
  2. I know it's not Friday anymore, but I thought it'd be fun. ;)

    Here are the first lines of the books I have checked out of the library right now:

    "In Yiddish folk tales, the story of Poland begins at dusk on a still summer night."
    from Irena's Children by Tilar J. Mazzeo

    "I have spent my life plumbing the depths of what it means to be a Christian."
    from Be Still My Soul by: Elisabeth Elliot

    "Out of the corner of his eye, Giuseppe Bellisario saw the gleaming white Toyota van roll up into the handicap spot in front of his modest storefront restaurant tucked in the far right corner of the Augoura Hills Town Center."
    from Joni & Ken by Ken & Joni Eareckson Tada w/Larry Libby

    "The African night smelled and looked like pitch."
    from When God Weeps by Joni Eareckson Tada and Steven Estes

    "About a year ago, my husband, Eric, and I visited Disneyland with our kids."
    from The Lost Art of True Beauty by: Leslie Ludy

    Thanks for sharing! I always find it interesting to read just the first line of a book and see if it's intriguing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing, Emily! I enjoyed reading your comment! :)) I've read by both Elisabeth Elliot and Leslie Ludy, and loved some of their books! <3 Have you read by then before this? Have any favorite books by them?

      You're welcome! :D It's a fun idea, indeed!

      Delete