Hi all! I'm sorry my posting schedule has been rather sporadic ... I don't even really have an excuse for it. Just, life is full of commotion and busyness and plans and ... and ... I find myself kind of distracted from blogging, both physically and emotionally.
Anyway, I decided today I could sit down and write before doing a History lesson with my younger siblings, checking the laundry, continuing on with Silver Rose's read-through/editing, and maybe getting in a chapter or two of my Bethany House review book, Wings of the Wind by Connilyn Cossette.
(isn't this cover gorgeous??)
So, without further ado, my summer reading list!
Summer Reading List 2017
- Wings of the Wind by Connilyn Cossette
- First Date by Krista McGee
- Girl Defined by Kristen Clark & Bethany Baird
- Edenbrooke by Julianne Donaldson
- Life After: Huntress by Julie Hall
- Illusionary by Desiree Williams
- Bread of Angels by Tessa Afshar
- Grounded Hearts by Jeanne M. Dickson
- The Captive Heart by Michelle Griep
- Close to You by Kara Isaac
- Waking Rose by Regina Doman
So there it is! This is just a tentative list, and I have no idea if I'll get to them all this summer, but I definitely will get to some.
* Wings of the Wind *, as I mentioned above, is a review book I signed up for through Bethany House Blogger Review Program. Need to get that read and reviewed this month.
* First Date * is a used book I found for $0.81 on Amazon and bought with an Amazon gift card I won! I should be receiving it in the mail today and might start it, because it sounds like an easy, entertaining read.
* Girl Defined * will be a re-read this summer. It's a Christian Living, with questions to go along with each chapter, so I'm planning to do it as a Bible study with two of my younger sisters. Yay for studies about Biblical womanhood! We might start today.
* Edenbrooke * will also be a re-read for me. I read this humorous, sweet, Regency romance in 2013 and have been wanting to read it again! So when my sister, friend, and I decided to start a Summer Book Club, I eagerly recommended this book. I think it will be perfect and can't wait to start reading!
* Life After: Huntress * is a book I won in a giveaway, along with a $10 Amazon gift card and $5 Starbucks gift card! Yay! I don't know much about this book, but it sounds like some sort of fantasy, and I've been itching to pick it up!
* Illusionary * is another giveaway win! It's fantasy/realm-travel, and rather a short-ish book. So I'm hoping I can get to it some fair summer day. ^_^
* Bread of Angels * is a review book I signed up for with Tyndale Blog Network. So excited to get it in the mail and review it (for the month of June, I believe?)
* Grounded Hearts * is a review book from Litfuse Publicity. I'm to review this one on my blog in July. I believe it's a debut novel, and set during the WWII era. I'm really excited to give it a try!
* The Captive Heart * I found for really cheap on Amazon ($3.42) and used my gift card. I love the Revolutionary War era, so couldn't pass this one up. I'm so excited about it, and think I will find time for it this summer!
* Close to You * I also found on Amazon for cheap ($4.58)! I've been wanting to read by Kara Isaac, because her books sound so fun, unique, and perhaps even relatable! Contemporary YA romance with main characters who love "The Hobbit" and "The Chronicles of Narnia". YES. ^_^
* Waking Rose * I found for $1.84 on Amazon. (Go, Amazon!) In case I run out of books to read this summer, or just need something familiar and suspenseful and fairy tale and absolutely delightful, I have this beauty on hand to re-read!
Have you read any of the books on my summer reading list? If so, tell me what you thought of them!
Well, I've started my first read-through of my fantasy novel, Silver Rose. Keeping track of my progress on Goodreads. I've heard back from four of my second round of beta readers, went through their edits and suggestions, and then uploaded the shiny new version of Silver Rose to my Kindle Fire.
So now I'm reading it and editing as I go. It's pretty exciting! And I must say, I'm even enjoying the story! ^_^ Reading your story on a Kindle instead of a Microsoft Word page on your laptop makes all the difference!
I can't say when publication will be, but hopefully soon! I'm still waiting to hear back from three beta readers and I'm very interested to hear what their opinion of the story is.
I just uploaded a new video! My April Wrap Up and April/beginning of May BOOK HAUL! *all the heart eyes*
I won't be doing new videos regularly, because it's too hard to find quiet time to film every week. But I still hope to do wrap ups, book hauls, and occasional book tags and fun stuff.
I've been watching some episodes of Leverage here and there. They are quite humorous. The characters are like, perfection. They make me laugh a lot, which is good. ^_^ (Note: There is some language and questionable comments now and then.)
Also, hoping to start the TV series, Anne with an E, soon! It comes on Netflix tomorrow, the 12th! (I have a month of Netflix). I loved the old Anne of Green Gables movies, so looking forward to a fresh take! <3
And, my mom and younger siblings have been watching episodes of one of Pastor Matt Chandler's series, called "To Live is Christ, to Die is Gain". It's about pursuing God with passion. Knowing Him. Loving Him. Realizing He is everything. I've watched/listened to some of them, and they are so good. I highly recommend! Matt Chandler is an awesome speaker, a relatable guy, humorous, and just has zeal for the Lord and His truth! I love it! <3
(This is the promo for the series. I recommend looking up the episodes! I think there are twelve.)
- OTHER LIFE
Um, I'm excited for summer! A busy time is coming up for my family ... we're going to be moving into a new house! But first we have to do some renovating, so lots of work ahead! Hopefully then I'll be able to get a bookshelf and have all my books shipped here! ^_^ But it's okay. I'm learning to live without all my books. They aren't, by any means(!), the important things in my life - though they are special to me. *smiles*
Ready to live one day at a time, relying on God's strength and truth and love. <3 He is faithful.
How are you, my friend?