Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Blueberry Pecan Crisp

     I haven’t been following my sugar-free diet strictly… *sheepish face*. The other week I had a strawberries and crème shake from Starbucks, and over the last few days I ate two or three no-bake cookies. Yeah, those have lots of sugar. However, still, I’ve hardly been eating sugar. And it’s been a few months now! :-)

     Here’s another luscious sugar-free recipe I found. Blueberry Pecan Crisp. It has spelt flour in it, so it doesn’t qualify as gluten-free. But its wheat-free!
 Ingredient list: blueberries, rolled oats, pecans, spelt flour, coconut flakes, coconut oil, stevia, cinnamon, salt
Pour blueberries in 8x8 dish
Add topping
Ingredient list for topping: cream cheese, coconut milk, vanilla, stevia 
Yes, mine turned out a bit clumpy. But it tastes delicious anyway! Kind of a yogurt-y touch. :-)
 
Blueberry Pecan Crisp
 
(serves approximately 8)

  Ingredients (for the crisp):
 
1 cup rolled oats
 
1 cup pecan halves
 
½ cup spelt flour
 
½ cup unsweetened flaked coconut
 
¼ teaspoon salt
 
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
 
½ teaspoon and a smidgen more 100% pure, powdered stevia (or 1/3 cup raw honey)

¼ cup + 2 tablespoons coconut oil
 
4 cups blueberries

  Instructions:
 
Chop pecans. Mix together oats, pecans, flour, coconut flakes, salt, cinnamon, and stevia in a bowl. Add in the coconut oil and combine thoroughly.
 
Put blueberries in a greased 8x8 pan. Pour the oat mixture on top. Bake for about 40 minutes at 350 degrees.
 
 
  Ingredients (for the topping):
 
8 oz. cream cheese

½ cup coconut milk

1 teaspoon vanilla

Sprinkle or two of stevia
 
  Instructions:
 
Blend ingredients together. This will make enough for two crisps.
 
 
     I love this tasty dessert! It's just scrumptious... you wouldn't even know it didn't have sugar! :-) So yummy, you have to try it, :-D
 
     The original recipe was found on Pinch of Yum blog.

4 comments:

  1. Yummy, blueberries! I think I'm making some blueberry/raspberry muffins sometime this weekend. Found a recipe that looks yummy, so naturally I must try them. First a trip to the store to get fresh fruit is in order. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blueberries are like one of my favorite fruits, yum! Ooh, that sounds good! Raspberries are delicious too. Hope you enjoy them! :-)

      Ah, all this talk of berries just gives me this lovely feeling... summer is about here! :-D

      Delete
  2. This looks good, and it's wheat free. I recently started a wheat free diet, but sticking to it is hard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was quite yummy! :-) Well, best of luck! It is pretty hard at first. By now, I'm used of being off wheat; though it is still frustrating at times!

      Delete