Monday, December 18, 2017

Turning Twenty-One

I turned twenty-one yesterday!

(found on pixabay.com)

Now I should think of something profound to say. But ... I'm not really coming up with anything. Hmm. Here are some of my thoughts - briefly and unorganized.

I thank God for bringing me this far - and that He's been with me each step of the way, even when I've thought I was alone.

And I look forward to growing ever closer to Jesus Christ this 21st year of my life ... and forevermore! Because He is everyone and everything that gives life meaning.

I look forward to going on new adventures. I look forward to growing in fearlessness and grace. I look forward to reading more soul-stirring stories ... and, perhaps, writing a few of my own. I look forward to being filled up with the love of God. I look forward to new friends, close relationships, nurturing, and speaking life to people. I look forward to spending time with old and dear friends. I look forward to maturing as a prayer warrior. I look forward to another year of blogging and interacting with my amazing readers!

***

Lots of blessings came my way this birthday! On Saturday, my mom took me out for coffee at Panera Bread. She surprised me by inviting the ladies from our Bible study group (two of which are my aunts). That was so special for me! I loved the sweet fellowship with them and was so glad that each of them came. <3

This is the book we're going through in our Bible study: A Lifelong Love by Gary Thomas.


Sunday, I attended Sunday school at a church I've gone to three times now. Afterwards, they had a Christmas party for the college-aged people. That was really fun, and I felt truly blessed ... like God worked it out that I could spend time in fellowship with some brothers and sisters in Christ my own age on my birthday!
We ate lunch, exchanged gifts, played some fun games, and talked. I truly enjoyed myself and look forward to getting to know this group better! *smiles*

Then I came home. My mom had made a gluten-free, dairy-free cake and we had meatballs, sweet potatoes, and broccoli for supper. It was all so delicious. I got my chocolate cake at last! *laughs* <3
They sang 'Happy Birthday' to me and we ate cake, talked, laughed, and played games such as "spoons" and "golf".


What's more, I received lots of lovely birthday wishes from friends on Facebook, and emails and cards. They all blessed my heart so! ^_^ THANK YOU, DEAR FRIENDS!

Here are gifts I'm received. So blessed to have been given these!


Did you notice the TALES OF GOLDSTONE WOOD adult coloring book??? My siblings bought it for me, and I'm so thrilled! This coloring book, made for the eight-book fantasy series by Anne Elisabeth Stengl is beautifully illustrated by Hannah S. J. Williams. It just released! Purchase it on Amazon today! *grins*

***

It was a beautiful 21st birthday. I hope and pray that I have a beautiful 21st year spent deepening my relationship with Jesus and all of you, my dear brothers and sisters in Christ! A year of growing and serving and loving and laughing and adventuring. A year of rejoicing. A year of making much of His name!

Praise the Lord from the heavens;
Praise Him in the heights!
Praise Him, all His angels;
Praise Him, all His hosts!
Praise Him, sun and moon;
Praise Him, all you stars of light!
Praise Him, you heavens of heavens,
And you waters above the heavens!
Let them praise the name of the Lord,
For He commanded and they were created.
He also established them forever and ever;
He made a decree which shall not pass away.
Praise the Lord from the earth,
You great sea creatures and all the depths;
Fire and hail, snow and clouds;
Stormy wind, fulfilling His word;
Mountains and all hills;
Fruitful trees and all cedars;
10 
Beasts and all cattle;
Creeping things and flying fowl;
11 
Kings of the earth and all peoples;
Princes and all judges of the earth;
12 
Both young men and maidens;
Old men and children.


Psalm 148

(found on pixabay.com)

12 comments:

  1. Happy Late Birthday Shantelle!
    Sounds like you had a marvelous day, good for you!
    I love look at my pile of presents at the end of the day and loving each one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Hannah! I did have a wonderful day! ^_^

      Ah yes, that is so fun, hey? :))

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday, Shantelle! I'm so glad that your birthday weekend was so specially celebrated. <3 May God bless and keep you in His grace in this next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Alicia! <3 God bless and keep you, too!

      Delete
  3. Happy birthday, Shantelle!!!! *hugs* I'm glad you had such a wonderful birthday, and I'm so thankful to have your presence in my life! You bring such light to the world through your writing and blog. Congratulations on turning twenty-one! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Liv!!! *hugs* Aww, thanks ... it really blesses my heart that you would say those things! <3 God bless you, my dear!

      Delete
  4. Again, happy 21st Birthday Shantelle! It's a fun age! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday, Shantelle! (I know, it's only a *couple* days late XD)It sounds like you had a lovely birthday!
    Happy 2018!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the birthday wishes, Hanne T!! :)) I did, indeed, have a lovely time! <3

      Delete