Thursday, November 29, 2018

Book Review: Prairie Rose by Susan Kirby


Purchase HERE 

Title: Prairie Rose

Author: Susan Kirby

Series: Prairie Rose #1

Genre: Historical

Audience: Adult

ABOUT THE BOOK

The first novel in a richly rewarding three-book series about a young woman's journey to find her place in a small town at the turn-of-the-century. Seventeen-year-old Libby Watson is thrilled at the news that she has inherited a small town general store. In Edgewood, Illinois, Libby becomes the town's post-mistress. Quickly swept into the lives of the locals, she soon finds herself with two suitors.

~ MY REVIEW ~
**4 stars**

Prairie Rose is a sweet, adventurous, and meaningful tale akin to the classics! It made me think of Christy and perhaps the ANNE OF GREEN GABLES series. My second time reading it, I quite enjoyed. Though a little slow at times - or wrapped up in politics or legal matters that I couldn't really bring myself to care about - I still count it a worthy read and love some of these characters even more after an additional read! Elizabeth, Libby, is a lovely character. Kindhearted and ambitious, yet temper-headed and flawed. She's real and I like that. I look forward to watching her grow and blossom as her journey continues in the next couple books of the PRAIRIE ROSE series!


And, I must admit, I'm very invested in the thought of which young man she will choose. I know who I like best! *laughs* Even if I was bored at times, Prairie Rose sucked me into this historical setting and into the lives of these unique characters. And I'm happy to report that I'm reading and loving book two, As the Lily Grows!

2 comments: