Thursday, November 15, 2018

Movie Review: The Grace Card


Purchase HERE

Title: The Grace Card

Director: David G. Evans

Genre: Drama/Action

Audience: PG-13

Released: February 25th, 2011

ABOUT THE MOVIE

Everything can change in an instant ... and take a lifetime to unravel. When Mac McDonald loses his son in an accident, the ensuing 17 years of bitterness and pain erodes his love for his family and leaves him angry with God ... and just about everyone else. Mac's rage stonewalls his career in the police department and makes for a combustible situation when he's partnered with Sam Wright, a rising star on the force who happens to be a part-time pastor and a loving family man. Can they somehow join forces to help one another when it's impossible for either of them to look past their differences-especially the most obvious one? Every day, we have the opportunity to rebuild relationships and heal deep wounds by extending and receiving God's grace. Offer THE GRACE CARD ... and never underestimate the power of God's love.

~ MY REVIEW ~
**5 stars**

It's been awhile since I've reviewed a movie on this blog. There aren't many movie worth reviewing, you know? Well, The Grace Card is one that is. I don't know when I've last seen such a phenomenal film. This movie cuts straight to the heart and delivers a powerful message that I think every human being could benefit from hearing.

I like watching a good movie. What does a good movie mean to me? Skillful acting, authenticity, and an emotional or meaningful theme. The Grace Card delivered. I felt that the acting and the directing were fantastic. Many times the intensity of a scene or the rawness of a character's emotions gave me chills, squeezed my heart, or made tears fill my eyes.

The story was both heart-wrenching and awesome. It was that of tragedy and deep wounds, rage, and blame, and bitterness, prejudice and revenge.
It is a story of an angry police officer. A seeking pastor. A broken family. An errant son. An emotionally abusive father. A dark city.
It is a story of forgiveness and grace. Of love that covers a multitude of sins.

I felt it deep down to my soul. It was so powerful! Do you know what it means to extend to someone the grace card? Do you know how this would change you? Change them? Change the world? This movie challenges you and speaks the love of God.

A tale you could potentially relate to, The Grace Card unfolds magnificently, filled with action, intense scenes, shocks, emotion, and amazing grace. And even a little humor. *smiles*

If you want to watch an action-packed, thrilling movie with a powerful, extraordinary story of grace, I recommend The Grace Card. Truly, it is not to be missed.

6 comments:

  1. I remember watching this years ago, it was such a great movie!
    Love your review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely blog, Shantelle. I would love to submit a request for a book review consideration, but I do not see where on the blog to do this. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Renee!

      Of course! You can email me at: swordmaidenofthelight(at)gmail(dot)com

      Delete