Friday, August 18, 2017

Hi! Quick Update...

Hey, friends! How's life? My life has been kinda crazy and stressful and overwhelming, but somehow very sweet ... if that makes sense. *winks*

~ I think I'm growing closer to my Lord. <3

"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our hearts are restless until they rest in Thee." - St. Augustine

~ Some of my relatives came for a visit, and it was a very wonderful time! I'm so glad they were able to come down and spend time with my family and I! ^_^
Late night talks with the older cousins ... and snuggles with the little ones. <3

~ My family finally moved into our new house! It was a LOT of work remodeling it, but now it feels so satisfying and lovely to be living in it!
I have a bookshelf again now! I love my new room. *smiles*

~ Coloring, jotting down positive thoughts, and just spending quiet time with Jesus ...

~ I went in for a job interview yesterday. I didn't end up getting the job, but I had a good time talking to the lovely ladies who interviewed me for the library position.
And there were some other special things about that day. It started out as one of my "down days", but I was able to try out a cute, old-fashioned restaurant (ordered chicken/bacon salad with honey mustard dressing, and my favorite drink - lemonade mixed with unsweetened tea!) and spent the ride home in a peaceful time of prayer and praise!

~ My older brother is on his way here to visit!! <3333 I haven't seen him since January, and I'm so excited to give him a hug and catch up!

~ Family reunion is coming up ... can't wait to see all the fam!

~ Today I went to an Amish store and bought eggs. Then stopped by another store and bought chocolate, haha. And after getting home, one of my sisters and I set to painting shutters. Fun stuff!


~ I recently received a review copy of Many Sparrows by Lori Benton in the mail! Looking forward to reading it!

~ In case you missed it, I finally filmed another video for my Youtube channel! June/July Book Haul and Wrap Up.


~ I've been writing again! ^_^ Worked a little on Silver Rose, started another story, and wrote a couple poems of sorts.

Well, there's a quick update. What are you reading? How's summer going for you?

29 Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin? And not one of them falls to the ground apart from your Father’s will. 30 But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31 Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows.

Matthew 10:29-31

8 comments:

  1. That’s great that you guys were able to move into your new house and that’s so great that you like your new room! :) I’m sure it’s nice to have your bookshelf up. ;)
    I watched your new book video and I enjoyed it as usual! :D
    I really enjoyed the update, Shantelle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rebekah! It definitely is amazing to have a bookshelf again! :D

      Wonderful! Glad you like my videos! :))

      So glad you enjoyed, my friend!

      Delete
  2. Enjoyed the update!
    I am happy that you are finally in your house! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed, Felicity! ^_^
      Thank you! We are pretty excited to be in!! :D

      Delete
  3. Sounds like your summer's been busy! I haven't been blogging much this summer either :/

    Congratulations on moving in to a new house! It must have been a lot of work. o.0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's been busier than usual! Sometimes you go through seasons ... it's ok. :)

      Thank you!! Oh, it was! But it's so satisfying to be living in it after all that work!

      Delete
  4. It sounds like you've been having an excellent summer! I'm so glad!

    BTW, you're SO pretty! That picture of you next to your bookshelf is just darling! :)

    I hope you have a blessed weekend!

    ~Liv
    livkfisher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Olivia! ^_^

      Aww, you're so sweet to say that! Thank you, dear! Made my day! :))

      Hope you have a blessed week!

      Delete