Friday, April 28, 2017

Book Review: Deliver by Tricia Mingerink


Purchase HERE

Title: Deliver

Author: Tricia Mingerink

Series: The Blades of Acktar #4

Genre: Fantasy

Audience: New Adult

ABOUT THE BOOK

Can something broken ever heal? 

Martyn is broken. After torturing his best friend, he doesn't belong anywhere in Acktar. No matter how far he runs, he can't lose his guilt. 

Leith is broken. While healing from the torture he received at Nalgar Castle, he struggles to find his new role. But can a Blade ever run from his past? 

The country is broken. Bitterness divides town against town, neighbor against neighbor. What will it take to deliver Acktar from itself? 

They face their hardest battle yet. 
Peace.

~ MY REVIEW ~
**5 stars**

How to say goodbye to a favorite fantasy series? It wasn't easy, especially considering how Deliver tugged at my heartstrings. *huggles all the characters* In this fourth and final installment to THE BLADES OF ACKTAR by Tricia Mingerink, we journey with our dear fictional friends on one last mission for freedom, peace, and healing.

Martyn Hamish can't seem to understand being free. Forgiven. Struggles to grasp his friends' irrational faith. Has nightmares over the betrayal he's felt and caused.
Leith and Renna learn to trust each other even more, while dealing with new threats on the horizon.
... And Brandi and Jamie are there, as lovable as ever. And of course, Shad. As well as Ranson. And a new, fascinating and fun character ...

*laughs and cries* I can't believe it's over! I don't know how I'm going to deal with this. No more novels from THE BLADES OF ACKTAR series? What will I do without all my beloved peoples? I adored Leith, Renna, Brandi, Jamie, and Shad every bit as much this time around. And fell in love with some others ... such as Martyn, and our new character. (view spoiler). I mean, Martyn is just fabulous! He's another one of those tortured heroes, but in a different way than Leith. He's a little harder. He was practically one of the bad guys in Book Two/part of Book Three. He needs to have his mouth washed out with soap once or twice ... *winks* He's stubborn and his walls are a little higher than Leith's. But, oh, is it worth it when they break down! ^_^ Martyn made me chuckle again and again. His story and guilt and pain squeezed my heart, and I was quickly rooting for him to discover light and life.

AND LEITH! Can one say enough about Leith Torren/Daniel Grayce? He had me bursting into giggles and blinking back tears. And grinning because he's just so cool. *big grin* I love this guy so much. Definitely one of my favorite guy characters EVER.

And Renna and Brandi, still the sweetest sisters there is. So much growth they went through, and still they march on.

I wanted to see more of Jamie! And Brandi, for that matter. Please, could there be another novella? (view spoiler) These characters have my heart. I don't want to say goodbye. And I want to see little Leiths and Rennas!

Though there were skirmishes and danger, Deliver was a lighter read than the previous books in the series, which I think is fitting, as it is the conclusion. We still have adventure, daring escapades, and near-death experiences. Also, crying-worthy parts. Many a time, tears stung my eyes, though mostly they were tears of healing. ^_^ Happiness. This book touched my heart, as all Tricia Mingerink's have!

And I laughed! I couldn't contain my giggles more than once! Oh, these characters crack me up. *hugs Leith* *And Martyn* *And Renna* *Okay, hugs them all again* Tricia Mingerink, you are a fabulous writer! You had me laughing, and crying, and gasping, and sighing happily.

And that ending ... <3 Deliver was a beautiful ending to THE BLADES OF ACKTAR series. This non-magical fantasy adventure is not to be missed. Experience faith, trials, friendship, redemption, grief, courage, adventure, romance, and love in this truly memorable fantasy story set on the plains of Acktar.

I received a copy of Deliver from the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment