Friday, May 3, 2019

How Life Is Going ...

Hi, friends! How have you all been? I wanted to give you all a little life update. God is good! As always.

Enjoy the photo dump! And just for your information, I will be on a hiatus of sorts for almost a week, starting tomorrow. Going to be housesitting and I probably won't have service and such. Yay! *winks*


Still working through my "read-the-Bible-in-a-year". I'm now in Job and Acts! And, of course, loving those Christian nonfiction books!

Read my review of Freedom! by Jennifer Renee Watson HERE.


A trip to Smoothie King with sister and friend! ^_^



Sick day. Make that days. I was sick for over a week with a flu of sorts. Missed church, Wednesday night Bible study, and two and half days of work. It was terrible.

I've been sick three times in the last month and a half. Cold, flu, allergies ... I don't know. But I've had my fair share of days of feeling miserable. Thankfully, no more missed days of work. And I've been taking some natural supplements to help allergies and I've been feeling much better!!

My doctor thinks my immune system is down and all. But I believe God has kingdom work for me to do, and I'm not going to let being sick all the time prevent me from doing that! I'm praying against sickness. Praying for healing. Trusting God, whatever happens.


Book haul! The Lacemaker by Laura Frantz, Angel Eyes by Shannon Dittemore, and The One True Love of Alice-Ann by Eva Marie Everson. I was gifted with some money for Valentine's Day. All three of these novels were amazing, by the way! *heart eyes*


Still a little sick. But well enough to make myself some yummy lunch! Sweet potatoes, mushrooms, green peppers, and chicken!


Chiropractor/doctor visit. Tired. A little sick. (Excuse my flyaway hair.)


Earl Grey Tea to help me get through the work day! However, I've found that I can't have caffeine too much. I think it eventually starts to make me feel more tired.


Overnight babysitting job! Reading my Bible in the morning.


Still haven't finished this book, but it has been amazing! I would definitely recommend that you check it out!


Still struggling with feeling poorly. But went with my sisters to snap a few pictures downtown. I wanted a new profile picture. *winks*


Riding with sister to work.
 

Easter Sunday!
 

And a little photo shoot with these awesome books by @GirlDefined! Kristen Clark and Bethany Beal have just released their third book, Sex, Purity, and the Longings of the Girl's Heart. And it's great!!
 


I feel like God has been giving me a vision of leading a Bible study for teen to adult women for years. So recently, I stepped out in faith and decided to start a book study on Girl Defined. It's starting next Saturday! I'm excited and nervous! Please pray for me and for God to work mightily in all these young women's lives! <3


Doing one of my favorite things! Thrift shopping!! Who else loves thrift shopping?



Baby clothes!! I couldn't help but buy a few while shopping. 100% cotton, of course! *winks* My little brother is coming sometime this month! I'm so excited to hold him close and get to know him! Babies are so precious. I can't get enough of them! <333

Thankfully, I get to hold sweet little ones at my job!


My Father is preparing a place for me! What a precious truth! I'm not perfect, but He wants me! He welcomes me! In His house, there's a place for me. Praise Jesus Christ! <3




A Chick-fil-A treat on a hot day! Half unsweetened tea, half lemonade, of course! I'm so happy that summer is coming. It was 81 degrees, or so. I am so done with winter. I was so done with winter in January, probably. I'm a summer girl. ^_^


Do I look tired? Because I was feeling exhausted!!! Work for four hours. Work-out for 20 minutes. Feeling ready to collapse. But happy about my new, thrift-shopping dress.


Surprise baby shower to celebrate my mom and baby boy! What a sweet time.



Taking pictures and sharing as part of the launch team for Sex, Purity, and the Longings of a Girl's Heart!


Chick-fil-A for supper! With three sisters, brother, and some cousins! It was a special event at our Chick-fil-A, so it seemed like the perfect time to splurge on some yummy-ness!

***

Other news:

* One of my dearest friends is engaged and asked me to stand as a bridesmaid! So excited for a summer wedding and vacation! ^_^

* I decided I'm done with PBS series. They all seem to be pushing a leftist political agenda instead of giving us quality entertainment. And I'm so done. Call the Midwife has gone so downhill, and I can't ignore it anymore. Their latest thing is pushing the abortion and transgender stuff. Abortion is cruel and heartbreaking and I don't feel like I should keep watching. (The first three seasons of Call the Midwife are pretty great, though! It was after the woman whose life the show is based on died that it really started becoming about gay people, abortion, sexual promiscuity, and transgender.)

* I love Swiss Dark Chocolate. *grins*


* I'm getting more into politics and social issues than ever before. It's time to be part of the resistance! Stand for truth, justice, and freedom. I'm an American and I intend to fight for the things my country was founded on. Faith and liberty.

Check out the Youtube channels on such things that I follow. Listed on the side of this blog.



* I'm part of the launch team for Flight of the Raven by Morgan L. Busse (amazing so far!!!) and The King's Mercy by Lori Benton (which I haven't received yet.)



* I'm hoping to look into volunteering at my local crisis pregnancy center. Ask me about it later. Hopefully that'll give me the push to just go there and ask about volunteering!

* So thankful for my family in Christ. I don't know what I would do without them. <333

TELL ME WHAT IS GOING ON IN YOUR LIFE!!  

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've been busy despite being sick!

    It was good to hear an update from you. I hope that book study goes great! I'll be praying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, lots going on, Emily! Thanks, I'm glad you liked it! And thank you!! <3 We had our first meeting for the "Girl Defined" study and it was great! I can't wait to meet again this Saturday! ^_^

      Delete
  2. So agree about Call the Midwife! The first three seasons are my most favorite TV show, but I could not in good conscience watch the other seasons. So glad someone else has the same viewpoint!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's really disappointing! :( But absolutely, the first three seasons are great! And I just love that it's based on a true story!

      Delete
  3. I cannot agree about PBS more...The channel has started to become left sided with the news. Just does not seem like there is a decent channel left to watch. Recommendations?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I know, Mykalah. It's so frustrating! Always trying to push their agenda. I don't have any recommendations. I've been stepping further and further away from TV shows/series because their hardly seems to be anything left that's worth watching. Except, I love TLC's "Counting On"! :)

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the update and yes just about all tv seems to push agendas :( my life just a going time flies 2020 coming so soon xD

    ReplyDelete