Monday, April 8, 2019

The Awesome Blogger Award

Hello, fair readers! Happy April!

I decided that I'm going to do The Awesome Blogger Award today. I'm sure it can be debated on whether or not I'm an awesome blogger ... seeing I wasn't exactly tagged ... but we shall ignore that! *laughs* Abigail Harder did this tag on her blog, Books, Life, and Christ, and tagged anyone who wanted to do it. It looked like fun. So I accepted the tag. Thank you, Abigail! <3

Without further ado, here we go!


The Rules

  • Thank the blogger who nominated you
  • Tag your post with #awesomebloggeraward
  • Answer the questions given to you
  • Nominate and inform at least 5 bloggers
  • Give them 10 new questions to answer


The Questions

1.) What is your favorite music artist both Christian and Secular?

One of my favorite Christian artists is the band, Unspoken. As for secular artists, I haven't found any that I'm a big fan of, I suppose.

2.) What is one of your favorite movies of all time?


3.) What is your favorite TV show?

Counting On. ^_^ I really love watching the Duggar children grow up, fall in love, marry, and have their own children and adventures. It's just fun keeping up with the lives of some fellow Christians.


4.) What is your favorite genre to read?

Historical fiction or fantasy. I definitely read more historical, but that's partly because there aren't a whole lot of Christian fantasy novels out there.

5.) Do you like coffee, tea, hot chocolate, all, none, or a mix?

I definitely enjoy coffee and tea. I drink herbal teas more than coffee. I would drink coffee more, but I try not to have too much caffeine.


6.) Who is one of your go to authors for an easy read?

Hmm. An easy read? I'm not sure. I suppose I'll say Sarah Sundin, author of The Sky Above Us. Usually I'm swept into her stories quite effortlessly.

7.) What is your go to comfort food?

Probably something with chocolate and peanut butter (only actually sunflower butter because I can't have peanut butter).

8.) If you had to choose one continent to visit, which one would it be and why?

Europe. I dream on going on a grand tour of Europe like wealthy young ladies did in the old days. All that rich history and exciting culture. Castles, museums, and fantastic, new food ... Sign me up!


9.) What are your top five favorite book series?

TALES OF GOLDSTONE WOOD by Anne Elisabeth Stengl

THE BLADES OF ACKTAR by Tricia Mingerink

Those two, definitely, are part of my top five. It's hard to decide, but let's go with these three, as well. *smiles*

A FAIRY TALE RETOLD by Regina Doman

WAVES OF FREEDOM by Sarah Sundin

OUT OF TIME by Nadine Brandes

10.) What author do you wish to spend the entire day with?

Kristen Clark and Bethany Beal, authors of Sex, Purity, and the Longings of a Girl's Heart! I just want to move to Texas and adopt them all as my best friends. *winks* They seem like such lovely women who love Jesus!


Also, I think I would like to spend a day with Joanne Bischof, author of Daughters of Northern Shores. Her novels are so beautifully written and sweet. I'd love to meet her. <3

11.) Favorite season?

Summer. *heart eyes* Summer all the way. Summer, come quickly, please!

12.) Favorite thing to do in the summer?

Everything. Lay in the sunshine. Take a walk on a balmy evening. Read a book outside. Swim. Have a picnic with family. Explore scenic places. Enjoy the warm air. Have late night adventures. Go on vacation. Attend weddings. Kayak. Play outside games. Etc. Summer just makes me feel alive.


13.) Biggest book pet peeve?

Hardened, tough, perfect, unrealistic, unfeminine, kick-butt heroines.

14.) Favorite Bible verse?

I don't think I have a favorite. But here are some beautiful verses that I love:


Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God! Therefore the world does not know us, because it did not know Him. Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is. And everyone who has this hope in Him purifies himself, just as He is pure.

15.) Have you ever done something you never thought you could ever do?

Drove on the freeway? *laughs* I used to be terrified to drive. And terrified of a bunch of other things. Thankfully, I realized the driving isn't that scary. And God is faithful in helping a weakling like myself overcome fear. Praise the Lord! <3

16.) What is one thing you wish you could do that you know you could never do?

Be an actress. *grins*

The Nominees

Natasha @ Simple Things


Faye @ Create.In.Me



The New Questions

Why don't you all just pick some of the questions that I answered? ^_^ (I answered questions from both of Abigail Harder's posts of this tag.)

4 comments:

  1. Loved reading this! Thanks so much for tagging me!! :DD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy to hear that, Victoria! ^_^ You're welcome, girl!

      Delete
  2. Great Answers! I love that adaptation of The Lion, the witch, and the wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Skye! ^_^ Ah, yes, me too! It is incredible. <3

      Delete