Saturday, September 27, 2014

Book Review: Aire by Lena Goldfinch


Purchase HERE

Title: Aire

Author: Lena Goldfinch

Series: "Standalone Novel"

Genre: Fantasy

Audience: Young Adult

~ MY REVIEW ~ 
**5 stars**

Aire was brilliant, just brilliant. It captured such a wealth of emotions, such depth of feeling! The characters were superb, the setting lush, the plot riveting. Harrowing, heart-wrenching, and yet delicious, this is not a tale I will soon forget!

Within the beautiful, royal palace, we are introduced to Princess Annalisia, a legendary seer, destined to spend her life hiding her gift and calling a man she doesn't love 'husband'. But she goes along with her grandmother, the queen's, doings; as do her older sisters, Helena and Liliana. Until her faithful maid is abducted. From there, strange things happen at an alarmingly rate. Things Annalisia could never have perceived. Things like meeting her maid's brother, Jovanni, and escaping the castle walls dressed as a washerwoman, things like finding out she's not the only legend, and falling in love ... But in the midst of all this adventurous, frightening chaos, will the princess find a way to true love, or will she be destined to a marriage of duty?

*Sigh* I was captivated. The characters. The feeling. I don't know, you just have to read it to know how splendid of a tale it was. With just the right amount of suspense, danger, and action, Aire also took my breath away with its portrayal of the beauty of love. The host of characters charmed their way into my heart, even as they charmed each other. Annalisia, Jovanni, Ilan, Geminia, (and many more, I'm just not sure how to spell their names! lol) ... it was beautiful! The emotion of this story tugged at my heart - non-romantic relationships very much included - it held scenes that made me want to laugh and cry at the same time. So sweet. You must read Aire for the emotional depth if nothing else, ^_^

But it wasn't all romantic and sweet emotions. We also got inside the bad guy guy's head ... saw his feelings for his simple brother ... and my heart tugged again, this time with pain. It was so real. It so made you feel. Truly stunning and imaginative writing.

Let's see, as for negatives. There is a scene with a girl named Sirena and the place she resides at which is quite ... sensual I guess. It's pretty obvious that its not the most respectable place, though there's not too in-depth details.

Romance ... though it was sweet and heart-melting for the most part, it was written for a little more of a mature audience I feel. I would say at least 16 and up.

Spiritual aspects. There were quite a few references to the 'Most High'. And it is said Annalisia and other characters get their special gifts from the Most High. Also, there's praying and what not. I felt it had a nice air of faith, a trusting in God, an acknowledgment to Him for inhuman abilities. It wasn't SO spiritually in-depth, but it definitely had a spiritual element, which I appreciated! *smiles* And good values, lessons learned, important things brought to light ...

I want to keep gushing, but I won't, because I might give something away! But you should think about picking up Aire. A historical with a fantasy touch ... a novel rich with feeling, both beautiful and heart-wrenching ... It was just, lovely. I'm so excited to get my hands on another one of Lena Goldfinch's books! Perhaps a sequel? *winks*

No comments:

Post a Comment