Monday, March 4, 2019

Little Life Update! (at last)

Hello, readers! I'm coming to you today with some photos, some books, some ... stuff. A little bit of a life update! I hope you all have been doing well and are living with purpose as we begin this third month of 2019. ^_^

So, it's been awhile! Let's begin with Christmas 2018. I had an absolutely beautiful Christmas Day with my family. Even my older brother was there, as he was able to fly out and join us last minute! It was such a sweet time & very blessed.


Living room after some cleanup has happened. *winks* Christmas morning we all gathered here and opened gifts.


Some puzzle time!


Fun gifts from family! Of course, my seven-year-old, little sister gives me her torn-up copy of Deborah because I love books! Hehe.


A beautiful Christmas Day. I went outside with my book, a journal, and red nail polish.


All ready for the festivities with relatives!



Going to town.


In the beginning of January, I went to an awesome conference. Read about it HERE.




Bible study on Wednesday night. My group just started a new book called Turning Everyday Conversations into Gospel Conversations.


Started reading through the Bible again. The NKJV this time.


Shopping at Goodwill. Yes, ma'am!


Coffee because I had a gift card. I'm not a big coffee-drinker, but I have to say that Starbucks' coffee tastes much better than Dunkin' Donuts. In my opinion. *winks*


Writing blog posts & reading at Starbucks. Their coffee is good. They have healthy snacks. And it's just the perfect place to write. So quiet and cozy and relaxed.


Some of my cousins came to visit for about ten days! We had lots of fun. Always love seeing those dear-hearts. *winks* *hugs*


Had a burst of energy after work and decided to spring-clean my room!! (A little early, haha). It was great. Although, after about three hours of being on my feet and cleaning, I was aching all over. My bones, my joints ... they have issues. :p



I found this pretty shirt at Goodwill for half-off. ^_^

***

So yes! I got a job! ^_^ In childcare again. I'm really enjoying it! This time, it's only part-time.

... Which is okay, because I'm still working on getting healthy! My last doctor left his position, so I'm going to a new naturopathic doctor/chiropractor who has helped some of my relatives &  family acquaintances. I'm already starting to see improvement!

Back on my crazy, anti-inflammatory diet where I can't have - in addition to gluten, dairy, peanuts, coconut, & flax seed - eggs, beef, turkey, tuna, pork, almonds, black pepper, kidney beans, apples, grapes, oranges, avocados, carrots, cabbage, oregano, and so on and so forth.
Plus, I'm trying to stay away from sugar because that's obviously inflammatory as well ... and just bad for you in general.

I'm doing a little bit of working out about three days a week. Goodness, am I ever out-of-shape! :p We're working on it, folks.

I went back to the amazing bookstore that I went to for my birthday! Traded in books I didn't want for about $30 of pretty, new books!! (Maybe I should do a Book Haul Youtube video one of these days. Hmm.)

I'm going to meet my seventh younger sibling in May! So excited for this sweet baby to arrive! <3333 What a precious blessing.

I've been meeting new people, deepening friendships, experiencing new things, and continually finding God faithful. He, the Lover of my Soul, is always so close. I'm amazed at the way He comes through in even the little moments. <3

***

Recently Watched:

Like Arrows - my Mom bought this and we watched it around Valentine's Day. It wasn't quite as good as I was hoping it'd be, but still a worthwhile watch ... and a needed message! Some really poignant moments.


Play the Flutedecided last-minute to go and see this in theaters with my sisters and a friend. It was good! Surprisingly well-acted!


Counting On: Season Nine: Episodes 1 & 2 - I just love this family. So much excitement going on this season.


Currently Reading:

The First Love by Beverly Lewis




Turning Everyday Conversations into Gospel Conversations by Jimmy Scroggins, Steve Wright, and Leslee Bennett


1 Kings
Luke

Latest Lady Grace Blog Post:



***

Anyway, that's all for now, peoples! Let me know what's been going on your life. How are you doing? Anything I can be praying about for you? Blessings! <3

16 comments:

  1. aw i loved hearing about your month(s) Shantelle!! and btw i lovee the color of your room! xD i'm wanting to paint mine so i'm gathering room inspo haha ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to hear it, Paige! Thanks! ^_^ Ah, perfect! Hope you have fun painting!! I really like soft colors ... pastels.

      Delete
  2. Loved hearing about your months! <3
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your doing OK, Shantelle. Glad to see an update from you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some things about this season of my life have been rough, but I'm doing okay, indeed! :) Hope you are well, Rissi! Thank you! <3

      Delete
  4. Hi Shantelle! I enjoyed reading about what you’ve been up to!
    Shopping and fining fun cute clothes is the best! ;)
    Book shopping is a blast too. You should totally do a book haul video! I’ve missed seeing your book videos. <3
    Congratulations on your job. =)
    I really enjoyed “The First Love”! It really encouraged me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Rebekah! So glad you enjoyed!
      It's quite fun!, yes I need to shop at Goodwill more often and purposefully. :D
      Ah, I've missed doing videos! I will keep it on my mind ... and maybe find an opportunity!
      Thank you!!
      Glad you enjoyed "The First Love"! ^_^

      Delete
  5. enjoyed this! I haven't been on here (blogger) in so long.
    Don't tell Daminika, but Dunkin's IS gross *laughs* I'm not a coffee shop drinker but if I had to choose between starbucks and them, I'd choose starbucks. I can't drink coffee from shops often though. They get me very jittery and nauseated. I stick with medium roasted organic grounds I brew at home.

    Do I ever know what you mean about aching after cleaning! My joints also have issues and no matter how much cleaning I do (I started cleaning for people around 13 years old) I still can ache so badly after I can hardly walk.
    I cleaned for 15.5 hours this past week in two days... 4 hours today... yeah. I clean. ALOT. *laughs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed, Felicity! ^_^

      Haha! I think I would tend to agree. I won't tell her. ;) I get a little jittery with coffee from shops as well. But I still drink a coffee at Starbucks every so often. I don't usually make coffee at home. Maybe I should!

      Really?? What's with us young women having achy joints? It's not fun. When I started working part-time at Dairy Queen when I was 16, I was always so achy after work! I would just want to sit on the couch and put my feet up for awhile. Working in childcare hasn't been much of a problem for me ... I can sit and play with children, don't have to be on my feet running around all day!
      Have you ever found anything to help? You do clean a lot! ;D I understand, though. I like these clean, neat, and organized!!

      Hope you're doing well, friend! <3

      Delete
    2. I take collagen (in my morning coffee) and I was taking magnesium but I ran out! They haven't gone away but they may have eased somewhat? :)

      Delete
    3. Ah, got it. I'm taking magnesium. Maybe I should try collagen, too! :)

      Delete
  6. Sounds like you've had a good few months! Diets are so hard to stick too, I'm doing something similar and it's really challenging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Skye! It's been good. I know!! It's been harder this time, I think, because it's like my third-time around on this really strict diet. And I'm not sure when my end-date is. :/

      Delete
  7. I really loved the life update! I'm glad to see you're doing well; best of luck with that diet! I've been trying to figure out some food issues as well, though nowhere near as strictly as you're limiting it, and it's tough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Hanne T! I'm happy that you enjoyed it! Aw, thanks! It is tough, indeed! I'm hoping that I can add a few foods in soon. Best wishes with your diet, as well!

      Delete