Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Highlights from My First Vacation of 2018

Hi, readers! Today is just going to be a quick post talking about highlights from my recent trip!


(picture found on pixabay.com)

Beautiful weather, family, laughter, and good food! ^_^

~ Spending time with my dear older brother! Us three oldest kids had some great, lovely times together this trip. Driving around, finding scenic views. Going out to eat. Listening to songs from our childhood. Talking about life and hopes and passions. Laughing. Watching movies. Shopping for food for our little Superbowl party. Checking out some sweet Corvettes (and sitting in them, just for fun. *winks*)


(Siblings are so special. I have so much love in my heart for each of mine!)

~ Being involved with & attending a sweet friend's wedding. She'd shared with me, in the past, some about her heart's desire to get married ... so I almost came to tears watching her readying herself as a bride! <3 It was a beautiful and God-honoring wedding and I enjoyed spending time with the bride and her family!



~ Adventures outside. Crisp, fresh, cool air. Beautiful trees and mountains. Sun. God's wondrous creation embracing me. I come alive.

~ Going out to lunch with LaKaysha. One of the few people who understands me on a soul-deep level, I think! (Perhaps she's an INFJ like myself?) She is such a precious soul and I was blessed with the chance to fellowship with her!

~ Quiet time with God and writing letters to my future husband. Quiet time! Praying and spending time in the Word. Rejoicing in the Lord.
And then writing letters to my nameless man. (hehe) I enjoy writing and, if I marry someday, my hope is that these letters will make my husband feel loved!



~ Hanging out with friends, playing games, and laughing. Fellowship, connection, and community! Ah! I loved hanging out with groups of younger people, but it was also super delightful to get to hang out with people more my own age/in the same stage of life as me.

~ Meeting new peopleAlways a great thing—especially if you connect on a deep level. Kindred spirits! *winks*

~ Having fun with cousins, aunt & uncle, and grandpa, whom I treasure in my heart. (Missed my grandma! But perhaps I'll see her later this year!)

~ Eating pizza for the first time in forever! Gluten-free and dairy-free pizza, guys. It's the best. =D


***

So there are a couple highlights. *smiles*

What did your January look like? What did you do? What did you learn? Highlights? What are you up to now? Comment below and let me know how life is!



I thank God, whom I serve with a pure conscience, as my forefathers did, as without ceasing I remember you in my prayers night and day, greatly desiring to see you, being mindful of your tears, that I may be filled with joy, when I call to remembrance the genuine faith that is in you, which dwelt first in your grandmother Lois and your mother Eunice, and I am persuaded is in you also. Therefore I remind you to stir up the gift of God which is in you through the laying on of my hands. For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

8 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you had a wonderful vacation, Shantelle! :-) Yes, it's such a joy when God provides folks with whom we can connect on a "kindred-spirit" level - truly a gift from Him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Alicia! ^_^ It truly is!! I strongly believe that God created us for close companionship and community ... so I'm trying to find that. And it's beautiful when I see God working out that desire in my life. <3 It definitely is a process, but finding those like-minded people and kindred spirits is worth it! :D

      Delete
  2. *hugs* Aw, I'm so glad you had such a good time -- and that you got to spend more time with your family!! <3

    You're an INFJ?! *high-fives* Same here! That's so cool! :D

    I got my wisdom teeth out and got to reconnect with an old friend and his fiancée. And my parents and I made plans for a couple upcoming trips and college visits. :)

    I hope your week is marvelous, my dear!!

    Liv // livkfisher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Liv! *HUGS* I had some beautiful moments! <3

      Yay! *returns high five* A fellow INFJ! :D It's so fun to find people withe same personality!

      Eek! How did that go? I've always been nervous at the thought of getting my wisdom teeth out! So far they haven't given me too much trouble.
      Always so lovely to reconnect with old friends! I'm glad you got to do that, Liv. :)
      Sounds fun! Are you trying to figure out which college to attend?

      Thank you! I had a pretty good week. Went to a talent show that my younger siblings were involved in yesterday, and had my second youth Bible study tonight (I just started this Bible study last week, for my sister and her friends!) Those were definitely the highlights of my week. ^_^

      Thanks for commenting! I meant to get back to you (and Alicia) sooner! But had a lot going on.

      God bless! <33

      Delete
  3. Aww, this all sounds so lovely and fun! I'm so glad you had a good vacation, dear! <3 Thanks for sharing! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my dear! <33 I'm so thankful I got to go on this vacation - I had been praying about it, and God really seemed to work it all out for me and my sister to go! ^_^ You're welcome! Happy you enjoyed!!

      Hope you are doing well, Deborah! *hugs*

      Delete
  4. It sounds like you had a fun trip! :) I enjoyed reading about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was, Rebekah! :) Thanks for reading about it and glad you enjoyed! ^_^

      Delete