Thursday, November 23, 2017

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving, my dear readers! I hope you have a very wonderful day with family, eating good food and reflecting on the blessings, big and small.

(found on Pixabay.com)

Today, I'm grateful for so many things. Family. Brothers, sisters, and parents, as well as my many cousins, aunts and uncles, and my grandparents!

I'm thankful for friends. Those sweet souls who take the time to notice, reach out, care, and listen. Missing all the people, currently miles away, who have touched my life in friendship.
And thankful for the new people I've met recently ... hopeful that I can be a friend to them, and they to me! *smiles*

I'm very grateful for journeys to health, soul-stirring stories, laughter, delectable food, conversation, adventures (small and unassuming as they might be), Chick-fil-A, the fall season, and chocolate cake ...

(found on Pixabay.com)

*laughs* Not that I can have chocolate cake at this time. But by the time my birthday comes around, I'll be off this diet, so I'm hoping to make a gluten-free, dairy-free, fairly healthy (using coconut sugar or something) chocolate cake with whipped cream frosting. *sighs at the thought of such bliss*

And first and foremost, I'm thankful for the One who holds my heart. I am truly blessed to be called a daughter of God.

Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God!

1 John 3:1

I pray that we all understand more deeply this love that He has lavished on us! ^_^

***

Very quickly, I want to do a tag. I was tagged by Natasha @ Simple Things for the Movies I've Watched Recently Tag! Thank you! *grins*

Here are a few movies I've watched somewhat recently ...



~ This is a series following the life of a deaf woman and her work with the FBI. Based on a true story, it's exciting, inspirational, humorous, fun, and intense by turn. It's clean, but there are some episodes with very intense or disturbing themes that would not be suitable for children. ~



~ An inspirational, moving tale, that can liken to the account of Joseph in the Bible. I found it well-done and enjoyable, even humorous at times. There were a couple intense/somewhat disturbing scenes, so caution to younger children. ~



~ This story was a little confusing; a modern-day tale with a supernatural twist, I suppose? It was intriguing, though, and had a good message. I liked it. ~



~ I watched the first two movies that go with this one, and this 3rd installment might be my favorite of them all. A touching and entertaining story. ~

10 comments:

  1. Friends and Family are so special, aren't they? I am so thankful for all of mine!
    Enjoyed this post. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are! Such blessings! ^_^
      Glad you enjoyed, Felicity! *hugs*

      Delete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving, dear friend! I hope your day is absolutely wonderful! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Liv! <333 I did have a very lovely Thanksgiving ... hope you did too! ^_^

      Delete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, Shantelle! I hope you enjoyed a wonderful day filled with good things and laughter. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rissi! I did have good conversation, laughter, and some good food (despite being on a diet!) Hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving festivities! :)

      Delete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving, Shantelle!!

    Fun tag! I really enjoy some of the Sue Thomas episodes too! Seasons of Gray and 77 Chances were good! I haven’t seen Ultimate Legacy, but I did see the first two. Maybe I’ll watch it sometime! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rebekah! Happy Thanksgiving to you! ^_^

      Thanks! Glad you enjoyed! Feel free to do the tag, if you want. :)
      So cool! I haven't quite watched all the "Sue Thomas" episodes, but there are, indeed, some good ones in there!
      Yes, they were unique and very interesting! I think I found them both because the main actor also plays in "Beyond the Mask".
      You should! It's a good movie. :)

      Delete
  5. I just happened on your blog, and loved to read your thankful list! Also... I didn't know there was a follow up to the ultimate life! Interesting!
    Blessings in Christ,
    Bri from forget-not-his-benefits.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome, Bri! :) I'm so glad you enjoyed! Yes, I don't think I'd realized that either ... until I got a free trial of pureflix.com.

      Blessings to you! ^_^

      Delete