Saturday, September 1, 2018

Sunshine Blogger Award

Hi, all! I know I haven't been on here in forever ... blogging has been so sporadic for me and it makes me sad. *unhappy face* But, that's just a season of life I'm in now and I have to let myself be okay with it.

I'm happy to inform you that today is Saturday (the weekend is here, yay!) *winks*, and I am able to steal a few moments on the family computer.


So I'm doing a tag! The lovely Daminika @ Walking in the Sonshine, Dancing in the Rain tagged me for the Sunshine Blogger Award and I'm excited to do it! Thank you, Daminika!

THE RULES:

Thank the blogger who nominated you and link their blog
Answer the questions the blogger who nominated you provided
Nominate new bloggers and make up 11 questions for them to answer
List the rules and have the Sunshine Blogger logo present in your post

THE QUESTIONS:

1) what was the last movie you watched (and enjoyed)?

Um ... I haven't watched any really amazing movies lately. I think the last (new) movie I watched was Wonder Woman {2017}. It was okay.

The actual last movie I watched was a re-watch. I decided to watch Pride and Prejudice {2005} about a month ago while on a plane ride. Enjoyed that one, as always! Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth! ^_^

2) favorite summer-y food?

*sits back and contemplates* Potato salad? (Although I don't really eat that anymore because I can't have eggs) Different types of salad. Broccoli, bacon salad. Quinoa, grape salad. Taco salad. Yeah. Yum.

3) last adventure you had?

Traveled to the west coast and visited family and friends! Hiked, kayaked, attended weddings ... (I will hopefully write a post about this next!

4) road trip or airplanes?

Road trips. I like airplane rides for the fact that you get there fast ... but I usually tend to get sick from flying and it's just yucky. I don't prefer to be that far up in the air anyway. It can be an adventure if I don't get sick. But road trips are great as long as you stop for the night!
5) what is your dream wedding color(s)?

I think it would be lovely to do pastel colors. Have my bridesmaids wear pastel blue, yellow, pink, green, and purple. I haven't thought it all through, but I love the idea of a soft, colorful, fairy tale-ish feel. ^_^

6) what song have you had on repeat?

"Amen" by For King and Country


"Details" by Sarah Reeves


7)  girly-girl or tomboy?

I could be a tomboy when I was younger. I absolutely delighted in running around with my older brother and boy cousins (actually they're my dad's cousins ... but they were more my age! *winks*) We had all sorts of adventures. I played in the mud, caught salamanders, got chased by cows, made plans to trap a coyote, and loved exploring the forests and creeks.

I also could be really girly though. I did ballet, loved dressing up,  playing with dolls, and feeling pretty.

Today I'm sure I lean more toward girly, but I still love a good, outdoors adventure.

8) first celebrity crush?

Logan Bartholomew from Love's Enduring Promise {2004} or Ben Barnes from Prince Caspian {2008}. *grins*


9) top three favorite blogs?




10) how long ago did you start your blog?

May 2014, I believe. So a little over four years ago.

11) how do you feel you've grown since starting your blog?

I've gotten a little better at writing, perhaps. Formatting, definitely.

I've grown as a person ... learning to find my identity in Christ and being able to accept myself because of that. I'm understanding, a little better, His indescribable love for me. And that is changing me as a person.

I'm learning to pray more. Move out of my comfort zone. Live in freedom. Step out in faith. Walk by the Spirit. Live fully in the moment. Cherish every friendship. Let myself rest, fully beloved in Christ.

I still struggle, but I'm coming to understand TRUTH.

***

Y'all, I'm not going to follow all the rules. I'll tag a couple people and they can answer these questions because I'm too tired to come up with new ones!

Deborah O'Carroll @ The Road of a Writer


Skye @ Ink Castles

11 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the tag! !! Eee, yesss! I absolutely love P&P. Darcy and Elizabeth are just so cute! ^_^
    Oooh I love the wedding colours! Pastels are the best!
    Love’s Enduring Promise is a great movie and so is Logan. 😂🙌🏻
    Great post, Shantelle! Totally looking forward to doing this tag! Also, btw, I found Season Seven Of Counting On finally! It’s so great so far! Have you watched Season Eight yet??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Victoria!

      "Pride and Prejudice" is a favorite of mine. Mr. Darcy just melts my heart ... and Elizabeth is such a dear, independent soul.

      I think so too! ^_^

      Haha, yep! I don't know how many girls I've talked to who just think Logan is so cute! ;D

      Thank you! <3 I look forward to reading your post!!

      Eee! Exciting! I'm watching Season Eight! It's been such fun so far! :)) I love all the new babies!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the tag! Pride and Prejudice is such a good movie. I like that you are both a tomboy and a girly girl, I bounce back and forth between them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Skye!

      Yes!! *high fives* I love to hear that y'all enjoy "Pride and Prejudice" too!

      Cool! It's a happy medium, I think. :) I love being a woman, but I like doing "tomboy-ish" stuff sometimes too! :D

      Delete
  3. A variety of pastels would be so pretty for a wedding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And, you sound like me when it comes to being a tom-boy and girly girl! My cousins my age were all boys so I spent my fair share of climbing trees, "hunting" squirrels, and playing in the mud!

      Delete
    2. Yay! I think so, too. Maybe someday I'll, indeed, use pastels for my special day. ^_^

      Haha, that's cool. Ah, good memories. I loved hanging out with the boys. Then again, some of the "tomboy" activities were done with my girl cousins as well! :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. It is, indeed! ^_^ Thanks for commenting, Brooklyne!

      Delete
  5. My blog is in your top three? *squeals and then melts to butter*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your blog is simply gorgeous, my dear! And I always enjoy going there to read about your life. ^_^ Plus, love your posts on writing, fashion, and the like! Eep! <3 Thanks, as always, for coming by, LaKaysha!!

      Delete